Official Kingston University Applicants 2020 Thread Watch

Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Good day, good afternoon and good evening to all of our friends,

Those who are new, those who are old, the past, the present and future friends.

A huge welcome to our 2020 applicants! :hello:

Please use this thread as a place to introduce yourself, say hello and meet other fellow applicants and enquirers. Feel free to ask your questions, share your experiences and learn more about Kingston University.

Our frequently talked about topics last year included;
Entry requirements
Our courses on offer and their various pathways
Open Days and Campus tours
Accommodation
Student life
International students

We have a lot of exciting stuff planned for Student Room this year, this includes Live Q&A with current students and lecturers as well as our Student Union and staff members. If we have enough demand for it, we will even be hosting course specific threads with some current students for you to ask all of your questions to. All you have to do is send us a message or write on this thread and tell us what you're most interested in hearing/learning about.

Here are some useful links:
Undergraduate courses: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/
Postgraduate courses: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgraduate/
Accommodation: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/accommodation/
Book an Open Day: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/open-days/
Contact us: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/contact-us/

Don't forget to drop by and say hello :woo:

Best wishes
- KU rep and final year law student
Last edited by Kingston University; 2 months ago
ScarletMacaw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I applied! I really hope I get an offer
Kingston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ScarletMacaw)
I applied! I really hope I get an offer
How exciting !!!! :dance:

Hoping for the best for you!

-KU rep and final year law student
Yu Ching Chiu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I just got a pre-offer for 2020 postgraduate illustration program. I’m here hoping to meet someone who is also in this course and to get more information about studying at Kingston.
Kingston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Yu Ching Chiu)
Hi I just got a pre-offer for 2020 postgraduate illustration program. I’m here hoping to meet someone who is also in this course and to get more information about studying at Kingston.
You've come to the right place!

Every year, we create a group page on Facebook to help new students meet others on their course, even before university begins. Keep your eyes on your profile, as once these pages are up and running, I will be posting the links here.

Laurel Fang
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I submitted my UCAS on November 3rd and submitted my portfolio on November 22nd (BA Fashion), do you know approximately how long does it take them to review and reply? I am so anxious haha
Kingston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Laurel Fang)
I submitted my UCAS on November 3rd and submitted my portfolio on November 22nd (BA Fashion), do you know approximately how long does it take them to review and reply? I am so anxious haha
whoop whoop !!! :woo:

Exciting times ahead! You're making me flashback to when I sent my application in!

I'm not sure how long the process takes, but since you've sent it about a week ago, I reckon it would take a while. I will find out and let you know. However, you make have more luck getting through to our Admission team because you're a potential student. You can email them at [email protected].

Let me know how you get on. I'll still be working on getting a response on my end as well.

anaik28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Applying for the postgraduate course in Product and Furniture Design. Would like to hear the experience from a student from the course!

How challenging is the course? Do they teach the fundamentals like sketching, prototyping and user research? And how well are the industry tie ups ?
Laurel Fang
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kingston University)
whoop whoop !!! :woo:

Exciting times ahead! You're making me flashback to when I sent my application in!

I'm not sure how long the process takes, but since you've sent it about a week ago, I reckon it would take a while. I will find out and let you know. However, you make have more luck getting through to our Admission team because you're a potential student. You can email them at [email protected].

Let me know how you get on. I'll still be working on getting a response on my end as well.

Thank you for your reply! Have you heard from them?
Kingston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anaik28)
Applying for the postgraduate course in Product and Furniture Design. Would like to hear the experience from a student from the course!

How challenging is the course? Do they teach the fundamentals like sketching, prototyping and user research? And how well are the industry tie ups ?
Hi anaik28

Great to hear you're thinking of Kingston University for your postgraduate studies!

I'm going to try my best to get a student to give their experience on the course, but in the meantime, if you haven't already, have a look at our course page equipped with information on our placement scheme, videos from our MA show and the Instagram account of the course: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/postgradu...ure-design-ma/

All the best with your application!

- KU rep and final yeat law student
Laurel Fang
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just got an invitation for an interview today! Does anyone know what to bring to the portfolio? (BA Fashion) It says 20 pages maximum, but I already submitted a 20 pages digital portfolio to Kingston before, do I print them out? or it's ok to show them on my iPad? And do I need to bring all the physical works such as the garment I made and my sketchbooks?
ScarletMacaw
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I decided this is the best uni for me, got an unconditional offer and firmed it see you soon!
Kingston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Laurel Fang)
I just got an invitation for an interview today! Does anyone know what to bring to the portfolio? (BA Fashion) It says 20 pages maximum, but I already submitted a 20 pages digital portfolio to Kingston before, do I print them out? or it's ok to show them on my iPad? And do I need to bring all the physical works such as the garment I made and my sketchbooks?
AMAZING ! Congrats! When I've been on campus during these interviews I've always seen candidates with physical portfolios so I assume it would be a physical one. HOWEVER, I'd suggest an email to [email protected] to clarify.

Kingston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ScarletMacaw)
I decided this is the best uni for me, got an unconditional offer and firmed it see you soon!
YASSSSSSS !!! :clap2:

CONGRATULATIONS! Which course are you studying? If you didn't need an interview to be accepted, you may be invited to our Applicant Experience Day! Keep an eye out on your email!

ScarletMacaw
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Kingston University)
YASSSSSSS !!! :clap2:

CONGRATULATIONS! Which course are you studying? If you didn't need an interview to be accepted, you may be invited to our Applicant Experience Day! Keep an eye out on your email!

I will be doing Computer Games Programming Didn't have any interview
Purplesky.cos
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey I recently got an unconditional when firmed offer, so I will definitely start this year. Hoping to meet other students looking at the drama and creative writing course, or people currently studying it
Kingston University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Purplesky.cos)
Hey I recently got an unconditional when firmed offer, so I will definitely start this year. Hoping to meet other students looking at the drama and creative writing course, or people currently studying it
AMAZINGGGG!!! Massive congrats to you! :bumps:

Soon, we will be creating a freshers Facebook group where you can join and meet other people on your course! We will also have groups for people staying in one of our Halls of Residence to meet each other virtually before moving in in September! So keep your eyes on our TSR profile to stay updated with that!

If you didn't need an interview for your course, you may be invited to one of our upcoming applicant Experience Days so keep your eye out on your emails as well!

Congrats again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.98%
They've been reasonable (77)
40.96%
Not feeling great... (49)
26.06%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest