Clothes for a guy friend... Watch

flecalicious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Bonjour.

One of my friends has asked me to go shopping with him for some new clothes, and I was just wondering if anyone here could help me out with some ideas of what to buy for him?

He's about 5'9, slim but not skinny, short blond hair, glasses... we'll be looking for t-shirts, jeans, anything "stylish" apparently... and preferably cheaper high-street fashions, if you can (student budget!)

Merci!
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i got a couple of nice stripey jumpers from the Trait clothing range, which i think is in BHS? those were 10 quid each
generally if i'm looking for jeans though, the only place i go is Ciro Citterio
Nehustan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, I'm not sure how stylish my suggestion might be (for a reason I'll add later), but a few good pear of jeans, assorted jumpers (not so good for summer, granted), nice pair of shoes, or cool trainers, and a good suit/sports jacket. Its a classic look, and you can mix and match. An overall image is more important than the individual pieces, so its not important where you get them from Primark, Charity shops, online. You can go out and spend £1500 on jackets, tshirts, jumpers etc or do the charity shop rounds (Pimlico, Chelsea, Kensington, etc). If you are going to spend some money I'd suggest a good pair of shoes, something classic. As for a decent pair of jeans TK Maxx isn't a bad place to start.

I said I'd add an amusing aside to my advice. I bought a really nice Ermenegildo Zegna sports jacket, and a matching shirt from a couple of charity shops in Pimlico. They looked brand new even if they weren't. One night I had somewhere to go (a wedding) and banged on sone clobber. It was only when I had sat down I realised that I looked exactly the same as I had in the 70s, aged 9, about 25 years earlier. Timeless fashion
flecalicious
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks for the help guys!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads