buying a motorbike Watch

Choad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
recently come in to a bit of money and i am planning on taking my restricted bike test and getting a motorbike.

i don't actually know all that much about bikes however, i'm more in to cars... all i know is that bikes are damn fun (have been riding round on a cg125 for a few years)

so yeah, what bike would you get if you had up to £1000 to spend? bearing in mind that i will only be taking my restricted license which iirc allows you up to 33 horsepower, otherwise must be restricted.

my friend has a honda cb500 and i do like that bike i must admit... but i want some other ideas too
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I;m on an old bandit (400cc restricted) (£700) which is a lot of fun, my dads restrict gs500 was a nice commuter ride and wasnt too much.

Me personally would get a slightly larger bike (over 250cc) and restrict it, but i like bigger bikes
Choad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bathwiggle)
I;m on an old bandit (400cc restricted) (£700) which is a lot of fun, my dads restrict gs500 was a nice commuter ride and wasnt too much.

Me personally would get a slightly larger bike (over 250cc) and restrict it, but i like bigger bikes
i have been driving myself nuts by looking at all the gorgeous bikes that are way too powerful and expensive

moto guzzi griso = sex

i think i'll just go down to a local bike shop and ask the guy there what he'd recommend and see what he's got. he's been a family friend for donkeys years so he'll be able to sort me out i'm sure.
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have a gilera cougar for sale? XD
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Choad)
i have been driving myself nuts by looking at all the gorgeous bikes that are way too powerful and expensive
I just limited my self to looking at 500cc... but im eyeing up a bmw s1000rr for my next one - there are loads of lovely ones out there :p:

when you go to the bike shop think of what your gonna use it for - a 125 wont be happy on a motorway, and a 250 may also not be fun accelerating with, depends what you use it for - i got a big bike and restricted it as i dont now need to buy a new one now the restrictions almost gone, and it could be used on motorways

But yeah speak to the shops they're the best to advise you
Choad
Rep:
?
Spoiler:
Show

:coma:

and spotty dog, that's a 125 isn't it? i need something a bit bigger
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Choad)
Spoiler:
Show

:coma:

and spotty dog, that's a 125 isn't it? i need something a bit bigger
Hehe, I wasn't serious. :P Right now it needs a LOT of repair doing to it.
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
CBR600 and restrict it. No exceptions really :p: Oodles of torque, even though BHP is cut down.
Choad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ducki)
CBR600 and restrict it. No exceptions really :p: Oodles of torque, even though BHP is cut down.
i'm not too keen on those type of bikes. not a fan of the all-over bodywork. plus the seat looks mighty uncomfortable :p:
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Choad)
i'm not too keen on those type of bikes. not a fan of the all-over bodywork. plus the seat looks mighty uncomfortable :p:
O rly? I thought they looked quite snazzy...

And the seat is pretty comfy really. I've only sat on the pillion, which is usually the least comfortable place on the bike, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Plus you've got the whole Honda reliability thing that comes with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.4%
No - but I will (66)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (401)
47.46%

Watched Threads