Luisillo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
How are u guys?
Today searching about Scotland university fees I found that after Brexit, Scotland universities will have a bigger cost so my question is the next==>
Is this true??? I dont know how is the situation there because I think here in Spain nobody tell us the real situation in UK.
Could you tell me whats going on there, because i know that a vote in the parliament has been succesfuly(I think)
Thanks Guys¡¡¡
rhsdh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have a good news for you:
https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/Int...u-students.pdf
WHAT’S THE SITUATION AT THE MOMENT?
Most EU nationals have the same fees as home
students throughout their degree. Exact fee levels
vary in different parts of the UK. EU nationals
are eligible for varying levels of financial support
depending on where in the UK they study. In
Scotland, undergraduates do not usually pay any
fees.
WHAT’S GOING TO CHANGE WITH BREXIT?
WITHDRAWAL AGREEMENT: UK
governments have confirmed that EU students
who begin their degrees in or before the academic
year 2019-20 will still be eligible for home student
fees and financial support and that nothing will
change for them throughout their full degree. In
Scotland, this will continue for students starting
degrees in 2020.
NO DEAL: This will be the case in England and
Scotland whether or not the UK leaves the EU with
a deal. We are waiting for similar announcements
for Wales and Northern Ireland
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Luisillo)
How are u guys?
Today searching about Scotland university fees I found that after Brexit, Scotland universities will have a bigger cost so my question is the next==>
Is this true??? I dont know how is the situation there because I think here in Spain nobody tell us the real situation in UK.
Could you tell me whats going on there, because i know that a vote in the parliament has been succesfuly(I think)
Thanks Guys¡¡¡
Not 100% sure, but for England and Wales, then we are leaving the UK. If you are EU and start a course before end of 2020 you will be ok.
If 2021, then unless you .live in UK and probably for a long time then you get charged international fees with no access to student finance.
It may be different if they include anything different in the brexit agreement. Without help its unlikely EU students can afford uk unis.
becky.specks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Luisillo)
How are u guys?
Thanks Guys¡¡¡
Hey! I'm also a student in Spain looking into universities in Scotland, have you found out for sure if costs will be greater yet? I've heard a lot of rumours that they will which is quite worrying ❤
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (83)
13.67%
1 (83)
13.67%
2 (79)
13.01%
19.77%
21.25%
18.62%

Watched Threads