Help? Watch

trefusis128
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I dont know if this post should really be here, but Im new!

I was wondering what degree you guys think I should be aiming for. It sounds shallow but I really do want to be a big earner.

At the moment my Alevels are likely to be 4 of these-
Geography
Biology
Economics
English Lit
Politics

firstly, are they good A level choices? And secondly, where will they take me in the future?

Thanks in advance.
History Lost in Physics
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally Law - but you aren't going to make lots of money in a job that bores you to death!
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
They sound fine. You want to be looking at a degree that you're interested in, not a degree which you hate, but will make you millions in the future. Saying that, Law is always a good degree to do if you're interested in it, I think jobs in law pay quite a bit if you're experienced.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you enjoy your choices, then I think they are probably the right ones! Its important you really have a passion for your subjects or you just wont end up doing as well as you could in them.

As for choosing a degree, you have lots of time left until you even really have to consider what you may want to do in future. With those, you have lots of options open to you. When you go to Uni you should chose a course that you like, and not do things because others have recommended them to you etc.
trefusis128
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Law sounds just fine by me. In all honesty I havn't actually started A levels yet, so the question was a tad premature.

But they are all choices I will enjoy and Im leaning towards a career in politics (clerical work) or Indeed law.

Thanks all!
WoWZa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Choose a subject that you think you will enjoy. Just because you have a degree in a certain subject, doesn't mean you have to pursue a career in the same field. Law seems kinda zzz, but each to their own. Having said that the best paid jobs are in Law and Investment Banking.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Those A-levels can lead to a wide variety of degrees. As for as degree choice goes a degree doesn't need to dictate career choice. A wide variety of careers is open regardless of degree choice. A few more can be made available by doing a conversion course.

Just concentrate on which subjects you will enjoy, whilst trying to keep your options fairly traditionals. Those A-levels listed seem fine. That's the best advice I could offer right now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads