The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

laura_180
Speaking of theme parks, I went to Port Aventura a few years ago and it was Halloween time and the staff were dressed up as characters from horror movies etc. I can remember a member of staff dressed up as Freddy Krueger suddenly appearing and then chasing a group of us down a path.

I got chased by pirates in Disneyland a few years ago at Christmas. Then last year while we were on the ride it broke down, and we had to wait 15 mins in our boat. :frown: It was dark too, and we were surrounded by the robotic pirates, scary stuff!
Nath_england
I got chased by pirates in Disneyland a few years ago at Christmas. Then last year while we were on the ride it broke down, and we had to wait 15 mins in our boat. :frown: It was dark too, and we were surrounded by the robotic pirates, scary stuff!

I was chased by the Queen of Hearts at Disneyland!

do i detect a theme here? Beware scary theme park characters!:p:
my:favorite:things...

Mickey mouse has turned corrupt with the other characters, I knew I should of listened to the "dont feed the character" signs.
Reply 83
jenna_is_ace
We were on driving holiday in USA and we got lost somewhere in nowhere Utah, we eventually saw some sign of life as we came across this one street town, literally lke one gas station 2 houses and a grubby cafe, so we stopped into the cafe where we are the only customers - this creepy woman with only 2 fingers total and missing teeth starts chatting to us and gets us drinks. To my Mum's alarmance, she keeps telling her horror film stylee how she has 'such beautiful children' and keeps repeating this. My Dad asks the weird lady if she knows how to get to this town we are wanting to go to, she tells us we can stay here if we want (NO THANKS!) and after my Dad politely refuses she tells us some random way to a ferry that will take us over the lake.

So anyway, we take this way she says, and after almost 3 hours driving (up really dangerous upwards spiralling dirt roads & such) we notice that a car has been following us for ages (really far behind though) & there is absolutley no other traffic at all for the entire 3 hours. This lake or no signs of such have been in sight anywhere. We get a bit freaked out that this lady may have been a nutter and perhaps got someone to follow us?! We evetually see a winnebago stopped further down the road with some people sat outside on deckchairs, we ask if they know if there's the lake anywhere to cross or the town we are looking for, and they said no there definitely isn't. So my Dad does a prompt U-turn and trail blazes it back to where we came from and we just go somewhere else.

It was really scary at the time, my Dad kept joking that this woman had sent us in the wrong direction with this car after us so she could kill my parents and take us kids. :frown:

That is sooo scary.
jenna_is_ace
We were on driving holiday in USA and we got lost somewhere in nowhere Utah, we eventually saw some sign of life as we came across this one street town, literally lke one gas station 2 houses and a grubby cafe, so we stopped into the cafe where we are the only customers - this creepy woman with only 2 fingers total and missing teeth starts chatting to us and gets us drinks. To my Mum's alarmance, she keeps telling her horror film stylee how she has 'such beautiful children' and keeps repeating this. My Dad asks the weird lady if she knows how to get to this town we are wanting to go to, she tells us we can stay here if we want (NO THANKS!) and after my Dad politely refuses she tells us some random way to a ferry that will take us over the lake.

So anyway, we take this way she says, and after almost 3 hours driving (up really dangerous upwards spiralling dirt roads & such) we notice that a car has been following us for ages (really far behind though) & there is absolutley no other traffic at all for the entire 3 hours. This lake or no signs of such have been in sight anywhere. We get a bit freaked out that this lady may have been a nutter and perhaps got someone to follow us?! We evetually see a winnebago stopped further down the road with some people sat outside on deckchairs, we ask if they know if there's the lake anywhere to cross or the town we are looking for, and they said no there definitely isn't. So my Dad does a prompt U-turn and trail blazes it back to where we came from and we just go somewhere else.

It was really scary at the time, my Dad kept joking that this woman had sent us in the wrong direction with this car after us so she could kill my parents and take us kids. :frown:

How long did it take you to make it back?
When I was about 7 or 8 in Austria meeting a girl with the same name and same birthday as me. At the time that really freaked me out.
Reply 86
These are brilliant! I don't think I've ever had anything so strange..
Altho the school trip to Russia was just weird.. we stayed in this hotel/brothel with many unbeleivably sleazy russians and when we went to Red Square random people wanted their picture taken with us?! We also didn't have enough cash for this restaurant so gave them all the russian bills we had and legged it.. I daren't go back or I may be killed!
my:favorite:things...

This reminds me, in Disneyland Paris in 2006 we were outside the haunted house and beacuse it was Halloween all of the characters were villians.
By the haunted house there's a gate which says staff only. All of the villains were kind of congregating there- obviously off to finish their shift/have a break so became really obnoxious and wouldn't even sign kids' books or anything.

Suddenly the Queen Of Hearts barged her way through these people to get to the staff door, knocking over a child onto the stone path, parents were really annoyed.

I witnessed this and shouted, 'Oi, watch where you're going, you've just hurt a kid!' to which the villian from Mulan stuck one finger up at me and followed the Queen into the staff gate :s-smilie:

They are SO rude, it's not like Disneyland Florida :smile:
In turkey went to this shop every morning to buy water with my auntie, this guy sat outside and every day he offered my auntie an increased number of camels for my hand in marriage.

In tunisia, one guy came up to us asking my name one night, and my mum told him it was Esmeralda...! lmao, after that he followed us round the town for about an hour trying to talk to me shouting 'Esmeralda' after me. Annoying at the time. Funny looking back.
I was on the night train from Rome to Vienna sitting in a six-person compartment. There was this Slovakian woman with her daughter (they only spoke Slovakian), an older Italian man (spoke Italian), a nun (spoke Spanish and German), another Italian man (spoke English, Italian and Spanish) and then me (I speak Finnish, English and a bit of Italian, German and Swedish). Imagine us all having a mutual conversation during the first hour of the trip. :biggrin: I managed to use three languages during that. Then at some point, the nun took a can of warm beer from her purse and proceeded to drink it, which I found a bit surreal.
Music Is My Boyfriend
This reminds me, in Disneyland Paris in 2006 we were outside the haunted house and beacuse it was Halloween all of the characters were villians.
By the haunted house there's a gate which says staff only. All of the villains were kind of congregating there- obviously off to finish their shift/have a break so became really obnoxious and wouldn't even sign kids' books or anything.

Suddenly the Queen Of Hearts barged her way through these people to get to the staff door, knocking over a child onto the stone path, parents were really annoyed.

I witnessed this and shouted, 'Oi, watch where you're going, you've just hurt a kid!' to which the villian from Mulan stuck one finger up at me and followed the Queen into the staff gate :s-smilie:

They are SO rude, it's not like Disneyland Florida :smile:

Such a shame I've only been to disneyland at christmas whenever I go :frown:
On a bus in the middle of the desert going between Nazaeth and Jerusalem. French African (Congo I think) priests, they only spoke French. Me, with GCSE French chatting to them. Definately surreal.
A 22 year old guy chatted me up when I was 14. He thought I was his age... until I informed him I wasn't. Very awkward. He wasn't a local either, just a guy staying in the same resort as us and he was with his parents.

My parents decided to make friends with his parents (not knowing about our little encounter) and almost every evening they'd go for drinks together and I always tried to make an excuse not to go and eventually got accused by my parents of being racist, because they were black.

ERR.

I just really did not want to sit their making friendly banter with a 22yr old who has mistaken me for someone his age and his parents.
Reply 93
Went to this village (I can't remember it's name) where there was a big crowd of tourists who I was having to walk behind as they took up the whole street. Anyway, we passed an ironmongers, and this American woman at the back of the group, just in front of me, turned to her friend and went, 'What's an ironmonger?' in a really thick American accent. So I said, 'Someone who mongs iron.' And she believed me... :rolleyes:
This guy in France came over to me and said "Hello, my name is Coca Cola, you have a very nice bottom. Can I touch it?" and then proceeded to try and lift my friend saying "But I take this one instead"
We ran for our lives!!! :eek:
Visiting family in Germany, my mum and I decide to go to a swimming pool for the afternoon. All is well until we walk out of the changing rooms to see everyone stark naked, except for this one english guy modestly covering himself with a towel. We got talking for a bit and then my mum and I go off for a swim. As my mum is going back to the changing room to get her book she sees the english guy again, in his entirety :eek: apparently the conversation was not quite so comfortable this time :biggrin:
I'm afraid I have several

1) When I went to Florida we went to Bush gardens(I think) and on the safari these two crazy men in sunglasses decided to take over the little mini bus and pretended to be Scottish, the US guide was pissing himself with laughter and amazed at their pseudo-scottishness until an rhino got rather angry and too near :P

2) In St.Lucia we were sunbathing on the beach when a crazy old witchdoctor man carrying a basket full of pineapples and a bottle of aloe vera came meandering down the beach singing. He then asked me and my mom if we wanted some "magical healing loving" ...we legged it into the sea, but the mordbidly obese lady next to us was forced to endure 30 minutes of said loving :wink:

3) In Portugal we went to a restaurant, where the food and the service was so frankly appalling that we chose to leave, but the owner went mad, called the police.. so we went to the car, which was promptly blockaded in a scene which wouldn't have been out of place on America's scariest police chases.... they refused to let us go for about an hour...was very scary.

Latest

Trending

Trending