username1208193
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey guys,

I've applied for the Business placement at IBM and have just finished the Assessment Centre phase of the recruitment process and I'll hopefully hear back within a week or two.

Has anyone else applied to any of the placement opportunities at IBM yet?
yayins
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Got my AC in the next few weeks. Any advice?Cheers for any advice in advanced.
username1208193
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by yayins)
Just be yourself and make sure you've prepared! If you have any questions leading up to the AC make sure you ask recruitment in advance.
username1208193
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Bump.
anniebrown
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Had my AC last week and got told yesterday that I've passed, in the matching process now, hopefully get offered something!
Syn2189
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by yayins)
Hi, just wondering if you have been matched to a position yet?

I attended the ac for software development internship two weeks ago too and have been placed in the matching pool. Not heard anything since though
Ellalalalala
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, ive passed too. But still havent heard anything back after being in the matching process and its almost a month now
Syn2189
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ellalalalala)
Hey, ive passed too. But still havent heard anything back after being in the matching process and its almost a month now
Such a shame, hopefully youll still hear something! Did you apply for the software internship?
Ellalalalala
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No, it was for Business
anniebrown
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've been matched to a role! Been offered a business interview for early December, hopefully all goes well
Ezio.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How was your video interview? How much time did you get to prepare an answer to a question? Thanks
Syn2189
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ezio.)
How was your video interview? How much time did you get to prepare an answer to a question? Thanks
We never had a video before the assessment centre stage. The matching interviews are held through Webex but they are like any other interview
DaniDaniella
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I was told I passed the AC in late november, got matched with a role in early december and less than a week after my interview was sent a contract. The interview (for software developer) was very casual, informal discussion regarding the role, was more about me asking them questions than the other way around so I would not stress!If anyone else has an offer from the Hursley branch let me know so we can start a group Trying to figure out living arrangements at the moment.
lusset
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Cool well done. I'm in matching apparently but email was very downplayed stressing how it does not mean a job! Assessment centre a while ago. I wondered if everyone passes assessment centre so they have a huge pool just sitting there for ages. Does matching mean much if you don't hear quickly after AC? xx
DaniDaniella
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lusset)
Cool well done. I'm in matching apparently but email was very downplayed stressing how it does not mean a job! Assessment centre a while ago. I wondered if everyone passes assessment centre so they have a huge pool just sitting there for ages. Does matching mean much if you don't hear quickly after AC? xx
From what I understood, the matching process length can really depend and it is not a reflection on how successful you were in your AC or how badly they want you. They just really try to match the roles to the appropriate people.
I took an unusual route having gone to the AC for a summer internship not a placement year so it's possible that had something to do with why it was faster for me to hear back.
Good luck everyone. Hope you hear soon xx
username1208193
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I thought I did very well at the AC, but unfortunately I didn't make the cut. I have however secured my placement year/internship elsewhere. Congratulations to everyone, best wishes through matching.
MinahilK
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I’ve got my AC down in Portsmouth next week during my a level mocks:/ was wondering if you had any advice? X
Last edited by MinahilK; 1 month ago
lusset
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DaniDaniella)
From what I understood, the matching process length can really depend and it is not a reflection on how successful you were in your AC or how badly they want you. They just really try to match the roles to the appropriate people.
I took an unusual route having gone to the AC for a summer internship not a placement year so it's possible that had something to do with why it was faster for me to hear back.
Good luck everyone. Hope you hear soon xx
Thanks
lusset
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks
Got job - in Portsmouth! Anyone else going there? xx
MinahilK
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got job - in Portsmouth! Anyone else going there? xx
Congrats! Was wondering do you live in Portsmouth or did you make yourself flexible to far areas?? bc I live in London and chose London offices as my preferred areas of work, but I don’t want this to affect me getting the job
Thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (442)
59.17%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.35%
No- I want it (215)
28.78%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.69%

Watched Threads

Latest