Appendicitis?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have pain on both sides of my abdomen, they alternate but they’re very low on my abdomen, not where my appendix is. But when I press on my appendix, it kind of hurts. My parents won’t let me go to A&E and I’m so scared I’ve had this for weeks but it’s got more worse recently. Has anyone else ever had this?? Could it just be trapped has??
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Appendicitis doesn’t last weeks.

Go to your GP, not A&E.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Etomidate)
Appendicitis doesn’t last weeks.

Go to your GP, not A&E.
the left side lasted weeks then stopped for a while, the right side pain is more recent. I’m scared it’s something serious
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the left side lasted weeks then stopped for a while, the right side pain is more recent. I’m scared it’s something serious
If you go to the GP and they think it’s something serious they will refer you to A
Last edited by Hazelly; 1 year ago
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Call NHS111 or go to your GP
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
If you go to the GP and they think it’s something serious they will refer you to A
For some reason half my post decided to delete, all I want to say is, the gp will refer you to A&E if they think it’s needed. Going to A&E on a Friday night will be chaotic.
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Highly unlikely that you'll find a medically trained professional that is happy to diagnose a post on a student forum...

The only thing you can do is go to your GP or a local pharmacy (no appointment is required here) for some advice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lia_r18)
Highly unlikely that you'll find a medically trained professional that is happy to diagnose a post on a student forum...

The only thing you can do is go to your GP or a local pharmacy (no appointment is required here) for some advice.
I’m not asking for a diagnosis I’m asking if anyone else has had what I have ://
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m not asking for a diagnosis I’m asking if anyone else has had what I have ://
But you cannot compare someone else's symptoms to your own 🤦.
Last edited by lia_r18; 1 year ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I have pain on both sides of my abdomen, they alternate but they’re very low on my abdomen, not where my appendix is. But when I press on my appendix, it kind of hurts. My parents won’t let me go to A&E and I’m so scared I’ve had this for weeks but it’s got more worse recently. Has anyone else ever had this?? Could it just be trapped has
If it was your appendix i would image you would be in hospital long before now unless as you wouldn't be tolerating the pain.

But similar pain on both sides can be related to your bowels ( left side large bowel ) as you get a sharp pain up the left side due to something like diverticula - pouches in the bowel which can only be diagnosed by your GP or call 111 and they will advice you whether to go to hospital or a out of hours clinic in your area.

I know of people who had this similar pain and it turned out to be diverticula.

I'm a qualified nurse but take further medical advice for your own health reason.
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you contact NHS111?
helicopterparent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you have any urinary symptoms
How old are you
Do you have regular periods
Have u had unprotected sex
Coukd u be pregnant.
Have your poos changed
Anonymous #1
Did you contact NHS111?
no, they leave u on hold for hours then tell you to go see a doctor and the pain isn’t that bad, most of the time i ignore it
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no, they leave u on hold for hours then tell you to go see a doctor and the pain isn’t that bad, most of the time i ignore it
Sorry but that’s a complete exaggeration, they don’t leave you on hold for hours. If it’s urgent, they will give you advice.

You clearly don’t need to go to A
Last edited by Hazelly; 1 year ago
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry but that’s a complete exaggeration, they don’t leave you on hold for hours. If it’s urgent, they will give you advice.

You clearly don’t need to go to A&E if you’re able to ignore your pain. If your that worried go to the GP on Monday. There’s no need to go to hospital for something that isn’t ‘bad’.

Appendicitis would make you deteriorate quickly.

Good luck 👍🏻
Anonymous #1

You clearly don’t need to go to A
it’s not a complete exaggeration actually i’ve done it loads of times
Anonymous #1
If it was your appendix i would image you would be in hospital long before now unless as you wouldn't be tolerating the pain.

But similar pain on both sides can be related to your bowels ( left side large bowel ) as you get a sharp pain up the left side due to something like diverticula - pouches in the bowel which can only be diagnosed by your GP or call 111 and they will advice you whether to go to hospital or a out of hours clinic in your area.

I know of people who had this similar pain and it turned out to be diverticula.

I'm a qualified nurse but take further medical advice for your own health reason.
could it be a UTI?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.67%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.67%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.33%

Watched Threads