Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Played electric guitar since 2008, then stopped after achieving a Grade 6 “Pass” and began practising for Grade 8 at about 16.

I’m now 19 and a half, haven’t touched the guitar since I then. If I started playing and practising again how long would it take for me to get back up to that standard?

I hope it’s not too late 😢
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Played electric guitar since 2008, then stopped after achieving a Grade 6 “Pass” and began practising for Grade 8 at about 16.

I’m now 19 and a half, haven’t touched the guitar since I then. If I started playing and practising again how long would it take for me to get back up to that standard?

I hope it’s not too late 😢
It depends on how many hours you decide to practice using the guitar for. If you work hard by practicing, then probably not too long.

You don’t normally loose schemas
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hazzabear)
It depends on how many hours you decide to practice using the guitar for. If you work hard by practicing, then probably not too long.

You don’t normally loose schemas
Good to hear.

How long do u reckon it’d take for 1hr daily (or 40mins at least on weekdays, but more on weekends)?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Good to hear.

How long do u reckon it’d take for 1hr daily (or 40mins at least on weekdays, but more on weekends)?
I don’t think anyone can say how long it would take exactly, just take as long as you need and enjoy it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hazzabear)
I don’t think anyone can say how long it would take exactly, just take as long as you need and enjoy it.
True I guess it’s just easier to stay motivated etc if you have a time frame in mind which is reasonable, so it doesn’t feel like it’ll take forever
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (408)
56.12%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.88%

Watched Threads