Set list for classical busking Watch

Roobagnall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Basicaly where i live in Worcester theres annual festival which is mostly the arts and its good, gets alot of people out. So i was thinking, Warm summer night, people have just seen a play, theyll go for a walk down by the river wheres theres a fountain and a nice resturant, VERY popular. Ill grab my guitar, go down and knock em dead with some lovely tunes. Just classical guitar stuff mind, not stumming chords and singing badly.. so far ive got;

Bach; All the Gavottes from the lute suite
Mozart; An arrangement of his violin stuff
All my various grade peices which incluces the deer hunter theme tune, nokia theme tune... amoungst others.
Classical gas, green sleves and all those other famous little bits, But to mix it up im adding;
Duffy; wawick avenue
Peter Green; Oh well, Man of the world, Albatross
Eric claptop; Layla(nice arrangement), tears in heaven, i shot the sherrif
Led zep; Staiway to heaven (like the rodrigo ey gabriela version)
Neil diamond; sweet caroline
Cat stevens; father and son
metallica; enter sandman
then on top of that a couple of bits of random jazz and blues stuff

But anyway.. Anything you guys think i should add or drop??
tinkerbellejess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You know that for most places you will need a busking license? Or at least permission of the places you'll be near.
Roobagnall
Rep:
?
yeah, in worcester its £5 a year for a license and i hold one but because its a culture festival they want anyone and everyone out so it dosnt matter
SolInvictus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Throw in Bach's Cello Prelude, but do it on the guitar. Greensleeves and a few dulcet Tudor tunes area always good.
ArchedEdge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nice set of tunes!

Where did you get the guitar music for most of it? Bought it in a shop?
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Chuck in Bach's Prelude No 1. in C Major from book one of The Well Tempered Clavier, you can find the tabs for it pretty easily, but otherwise you can quickly arrange it using the original sheet music, it's basically just a load of broken chords with a simplistic coda passage at the end. Simple yet very effective, and it actually sounds better on guitar.
Roobagnall
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArchedEdge)
Nice set of tunes!

Where did you get the guitar music for most of it? Bought it in a shop?
I for the bach gavottes yes i brought them, The rest i just figured out or was shown a bit of.. but like the arrangements like sweet caroline ive just figured out...
jellybaby1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pachelbel's Canon? Not sure how this would work for guitar but have just googled it and stuff has come up.
Tink2193
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
i was wondering do you have to have a licence ?? ... What would happen if you didnt? If you have to have on were can i get one??

thanks
Aleeece123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tink2193)
i was wondering do you have to have a licence ?? ... What would happen if you didnt? If you have to have on were can i get one??

thanks
in most place yes you do, but it varies around the country i'd guess. If you don't have one and someone from the local council sees you.... i can't remember what happens actually, but its not good. It's fairly simple to get one though, just email your local council about it and they should send you an application form, and you might need an audition to check you're actually any good!
(this is in york by the way, but id assume it shouldn't differ too much for other places- mine lasts a year and is free!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads