The Student Room Group

Cant choose a uni?!!!!

I literally am still so lost on what uni and course I want to do a nd my school's ucas deadline is in just over a week!! I really really want to study in a big city- london is the dream i love it there, but I know it's going to be so expensive and applying to kings i dont think i'll get in as london unis are so competitive. I just don't know what other unis are similar city-wise and aren't quite like short buildings and green areas and old buildings. Obviously it's good to have stuff like this but I've lived my whole life in the absolute middle of nowhere so I crave being in a city really, so unis such as St Andrews and Durham just do NOT do it for me at all really just because of location. I LOVED Brum uni on the open day I went on but everyone always says the actual city is really gross?? And everyone says Manny has an amazing city but I wasn't so sure on the uni? Anyone have any suggestions??
Im applying for AAB/ABB courses but also unis with lower entry grades welcome too because I need backups!! I just don't know what a lot of cities are like because I don't get around much and on uni open days I'm always too busy looking at courses because i've not chosen a subject properly yet, so i don't have the time to go into the city!
in case it means anything im looking at doing either philosophy and sociology or philosophy religion and ethics. i haven't even written my PS yet because not chosen a course/subject to focus it around so i want to look at all the modules and stuff at unis to pick what course id prefer i guess but obviously with so many unis to choose from idk what to do really haha
ALL HELP AND SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!
Manchester really is a mini london, i say apply to the uni of manchester and manchester metropolitan (which youll get into 10000%) and if you do well in manchester met you can go on to do a masters at manchester, which will not hurt your career at all and will only boost it!
Original post by erinn.hx
I literally am still so lost on what uni and course I want to do a nd my school's ucas deadline is in just over a week!! I really really want to study in a big city- london is the dream i love it there, but I know it's going to be so expensive and applying to kings i dont think i'll get in as london unis are so competitive. I just don't know what other unis are similar city-wise and aren't quite like short buildings and green areas and old buildings. Obviously it's good to have stuff like this but I've lived my whole life in the absolute middle of nowhere so I crave being in a city really, so unis such as St Andrews and Durham just do NOT do it for me at all really just because of location. I LOVED Brum uni on the open day I went on but everyone always says the actual city is really gross?? And everyone says Manny has an amazing city but I wasn't so sure on the uni? Anyone have any suggestions??
Im applying for AAB/ABB courses but also unis with lower entry grades welcome too because I need backups!! I just don't know what a lot of cities are like because I don't get around much and on uni open days I'm always too busy looking at courses because i've not chosen a subject properly yet, so i don't have the time to go into the city!
in case it means anything im looking at doing either philosophy and sociology or philosophy religion and ethics. i haven't even written my PS yet because not chosen a course/subject to focus it around so i want to look at all the modules and stuff at unis to pick what course id prefer i guess but obviously with so many unis to choose from idk what to do really haha
ALL HELP AND SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!!

Leeds, Manch, Brum, Notts and maybe Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending