Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As above
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not breaking the rules would be a good way to start! i.e. misuse of anonymous.

It depends on the section of the forum, but there is usually in the box saying "TSR Support Team" near the bottom of the page.

You need to sign up to be a Forum Helper first, read more here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3411523

There are 3 types of volunteers (i.e. we don't get paid!):
(1) Forum Helper
(2) Volunteer Team
(3) Volunteer Section Leader.

Other staff are paid employees of TSR.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Not breaking the rules would be a good way to start! i.e. misuse of anonymous.

It depends on the section of the forum, but it is usually in the box saying "TSR Support Team" near the bottom of the page.

You need to sign up to be a Forum Helper first, read more here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3411523

There are 3 types of volunteers (i.e. we don't get paid!):
(1) Forum Helper
(2) Volunteer Team
(3) Volunteer Section Leader.

Other staff are employed by TSR.
Wait so you only mod for specific forums?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The proper 'mods' aka the admins are the community staff (the people with the red names who get paid to work for tsr). You would only be able to become one of those if you applied through Tsr matters
The volunteer team have some modding powers (to card and ban people) however the focus in the role is more on content creation rather than issuing cards. You cannot become a member of the VT straight away anymore as it used to be years ago, instead you have to apply as a forum helper for a section and work your way up.
If you wish to be a forum helper (who are not mods at all, they are instead helpers in their section focusing on making sure threads are in the right place - they have no carding ability) you can apply here stating why and for which section. You will need to have enough posts in the section you wish to join and a relatively clean community records.
It helps to not abuse the anon function and to put your threads in the correct place
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, but you can wear several hats. For example I am the VT for Universities and D&CA; and I am sure CoolCavy is the VT for a few sections too.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most forum helpers are only in one section e.g chat or entertainment. You can extend to other sections if you section leader agrees and if you contribute enough in that section. Volunteer team members tend to be more extended and in more forums however yes most VT have permissions for 1 or 2 forums e.g i am in chat and design and technology. Even the Section leaders and CS are usually only responsible for one section despite having permissions everywhere.
username4966870
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Right so seeing as you lot know what you’re doing lol can I ask is there any way to delete a tsr account that got banned ? My previous account got banned - it didn’t even tell me why , as far as I know I didn’t do anything intentionally bad - I want to delete that account is there any way?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There aren't actually that many moderators on here - community staff (red username) actually work at TSR in the TSR office, Group staff (bold green username) work for related TSR sites (e.g. getrevising), light blue and bold are volunteer section leaders who are in charge of various forums and appointing forum helpers/volunteer team. Forum helpers have permissions within their respective forum - though we have quite a lot of permissions this is just due to old spaghetti code, the most we're meant to do is move misplaced threads and help out on threads. Volunteer team and section leaders have more power, but also have to be a bit more well-behaved.

So either you:
send in your CV and apply for a job or
apply to be forum helper, then volunteer team, then get section leader.

Theoretically I think you could just apply to be a FH in every single forum?
Last edited by Sinnoh; 1 year ago
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous__02)
Right so seeing as you lot know what you’re doing lol can I ask is there any way to delete a tsr account that got banned ? My previous account got banned - it didn’t even tell me why , as far as I know I didn’t do anything intentionally bad - I want to delete that account is there any way?
I don't think you can, but go and ask at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215.

That's where you should ask all the moderation questions, because the TSR staff do most moderation actions these days.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nope
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If your old account got banned it is against the rules to post using a dupe account unless it is to post a question in the Ask a Community Staff forum. It is likely that this account will be banned as you are breaking the rules by posting after being banned. Please take this to ATCS, volunteers have no involvement with CS decisions.
username4966870
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
If your old account got banned it is against the rules to post using a dupe account unless it is to post a question in the Ask a Community Staff forum. It is likely that this account will be banned as you are breaking the rules by posting after being banned. Please take this to ATCS, volunteers have no involvement with CS decisions.
Oops 😂
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
By leaving a large sum of money outside TSR HQ with a note saying “Love from [username]”

Jk. I wouldn’t mind being a FH one day, but ain’t gonna happen. My posting history shows I’ve been a naughty boy. 😂
Last edited by Andrew97; 1 year ago
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
By leaving a large sum of money outside TSR HQ with a note saying “Love from [username]”

Jk. I wouldn’t mind being a FH one day, but ain’t gonna happen. My posting history shows I’ve been a naughty boy. 😂
I think leaving some organic quinoa or calorie-controlled vegan snacks would probably work better at TSR HQ.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise