Competing with previous relationship Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If you've had a previous relationship which was fairly long (2+ years), and you enter a new relationship which is going great, would you find it a great achievement if it outdoes the time of the previous relationship? So if your previous relationship lasted 2 years and this goes on past that, would you be more hopeful maybe?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
bump
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Don't bump threads so quickly, its annoying. Give people time to reply.

How long a relationship lasts isn't necessarily an achievement. People can spend years in abusive relationships, some people have a wonderful marriage that lasts only a few months because one of them is terminally ill or one dies because they are old. Turning your current relationship into a competition with your previous one isn't healthy. If you are happy, just enjoy it for what it is.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No.
I don't measure the quality of a relationship in terms of how many months/years the relationship goes on for.
Each relationship is different, couples stay together for as long as they are able to and want to.

I prefer to focus on the feelings, affectionate actions, memories and other positive elements to determine the success/value of a relationship.
Friendships too.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No.

My two longest relationships are ones I really should have gotten out of a lot sooner. There's no point in me measuring anything against them.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
I don't measure the quality of a relationship in terms of how many months/years the relationship goes on for.
Each relationship is different, couples stay together for as long as they are able to and want to.

I prefer to focus on the feelings, affectionate actions, memories and other positive elements to determine the success/value of a relationship.
Friendships too.
Yup this is very true, some couples may move faster than others as well, or how close and how well you get along
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads