The Student Room Group

edexcel re 12 marker structure

hiya!! my teacher has told us that the exam board isn’t looking for a set structure on how to answer the question. so far i have done it the way he told us to and now he has said that he won’t be marking it, in the way he did before. last year we didn’t do this but, now he told us to evaluate our for and against arguments at the end of the paragraph, to make it evaluative throughout rather than just at the conclusion. but i’m not sure that is what the exam board is asking. do u guys know what to do? bc i’m rlly confused as to how i should answer the question atm.
I structured my 12 markers as
- point for the argument and at the end of the paragraph whether it is a strong or weak argument
- point against the argument and at the end whether it is strong or weak
- I did this 2 times (so you end up with 2 points for and 2 against)
- in the conclusion say which is the strongest argument (do not say ‘I think the strongest is...’ say something like ‘The evidence shows that xyz argument is the strongest’ and summarise your points)
If you can write fast aim for 3 points for each side but minimum is two and never leave out the conclusion bc that can limit which band you can achieve
I hope this helps!
Original post by bleh_bleh
I structured my 12 markers as
- point for the argument and at the end of the paragraph whether it is a strong or weak argument
- point against the argument and at the end whether it is strong or weak
- I did this 2 times (so you end up with 2 points for and 2 against)
- in the conclusion say which is the strongest argument (do not say ‘I think the strongest is...’ say something like ‘The evidence shows that xyz argument is the strongest’ and summarise your points)
If you can write fast aim for 3 points for each side but minimum is two and never leave out the conclusion bc that can limit which band you can achieve
I hope this helps!

thank you sm!! usually what band did u get into w this structure?
Original post by E.ky
thank you sm!! usually what band did u get into w this structure?

I did my GCSEs this year and got a grade 9 in re so almost always top band

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending