Jenniferb13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Daniella**)
Well done . Bet that’s a relief . You can book slot before you put documents on , there were quite a few dates for the London assessment centre .
Oh it won’t allow me.. where did it allow you to do that?

They said on the phone I can’t do that either? And that there is only Bristol bloody left! X
Jenniferb13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How I’m gonna get to Bristol for the day I really don’t know, it’s not a great situation for me if I’m honest 🤣 I have 2 children and live 5 hours away!
Daniella**
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jenniferb13)
How I’m gonna get to Bristol for the day I really don’t know, it’s not a great situation for me if I’m honest 🤣 I have 2 children and live 5 hours away!
That does sound a nightmare! I live on south coast and was worried enough about going to London - that’s about 2 hrs from me . I have decided I’m going up on my own the day before. staying in hotel there ,so I’m not rushing about getting stressed. 5 hrs is a bit much though . I did it through the candidate page last Friday ( I was quite lucky though , they sent me all the details quite quickly after I was told I was successful)
Julie81
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yay - I got through. However, I’m away for the week with none of my documents on me they need 😩😩 was there much choice of dates or location?
That is great news 😁 really pleased for you. Still waiting here lol x
LarmourAnd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yay - I got through. However, I’m away for the week with none of my documents on me they need 😩😩 was there much choice of dates or location?
Im in exactly the same position, not back home until Friday to upload documents. Not sure there’ll be much choice left on location or dates 🤦*♀️
jademichaela
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jaymee010316)
Hi all, anyone that applied for January intake have you heard anything about the assesment centre stage? I have completed the first two stages but I have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks
Hi! I don’t know if you have heard back yet! But I applied for January intake and heard back from them on Friday 14th February! Hopefully you hear back soon if you haven’t already!
Last edited by jademichaela; 1 month ago
jademichaela
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had to reschedule my assessment centre yesterday as I needed to change the date, but they didn’t have the location closest to my home available anymore (Birmingham), they either had 2 centres in London, which are almost 3 hours drive for me, or Buckinghamshire.. so off I am to Buckinghamshire on 18th March! Looking forward to my 2 hour drive 😂
Jenniferb13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jademichaela)
I had to reschedule my assessment centre yesterday as I needed to change the date, but they didn’t have the location closest to my home available anymore (Birmingham), they either had 2 centres in London, which are almost 3 hours drive for me, or Buckinghamshire.. so off I am to Buckinghamshire on 18th March! Looking forward to my 2 hour drive 😂
I could really do with one up north if I am honest! Or bham in the Easter holidays lol
jademichaela
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I could really do with one up north if I am honest! Or bham in the Easter holidays lol
There wasn’t any in Birmingham yesterday! I was really gutted because it just means I have to travel longer! But Nevermind. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end! 😌 I was told yesterday though, that if I was to phone up in say a week before the date of my assessment centre, there might be cancellations! So it’s worth phoning up and asking! But you can only reschedule three times!
Last edited by jademichaela; 1 month ago
MPQZ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the North ones are from 2nd March onwards so if you call next week, you might get a spot. Bham is from 16th till 19th March.
Daniella**
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi ,

Could anyone that has already been to a previous assessment centre for trainee probation officer ,give me an idea about what sort of behavioural questions they ask in the one to one interview please ? Thanks in advance
LarmourAnd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just booked mine in Wakefield, there was loads of availability left, not sure if that’s of any help to you
s906
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m worried about the role play! I didn’t think that was part of the assessment until the candidate link started working
Jenniferb13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LarmourAnd)
I just booked mine in Wakefield, there was loads of availability left, not sure if that’s of any help to you
I can’t do anything until tomorrow night
Jenniferb13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LarmourAnd)
I can’t do anything until tomorrow night
jademichaela
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by s906)
I’m worried about the role play! I didn’t think that was part of the assessment until the candidate link started working
Don’t quote me, but I’ve heard we don’t have to do the role play. The role play is for those who have applied for prison officer role and that the website is just a generic link. For the PQiP we have to do group exercise and presentation instead of role play. So I’ve heard that is! 😌
MPQZ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t quote me, but I’ve heard we don’t have to do the role play. The role play is for those who have applied for prison officer role and that the website is just a generic link. For the PQiP we have to do group exercise and presentation instead of role play. So I’ve heard that is! 😌
The new link they've sent out is specific to the pqip role if you read through.... http://www.pqip-ac.co.uk/

I hate role play!! Especially when being recorded 😬😬
jademichaela
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MPQZ)
The new link they've sent out is specific to the pqip role if you read through.... http://www.pqip-ac.co.uk/

I hate role play!! Especially when being recorded 😬😬
Oh yeah I’ve had a read through, it’s the exact same as the one I already had😂
I was just saying what I know from friends who did the assessment centre from the July intake last year and there was no role play, it was a group presentation 😌
MPQZ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh yeah I’ve had a read through, it’s the exact same as the one I already had😂
I was just saying what I know from friends who did the assessment centre from the July intake last year and there was no role play, it was a group presentation 😌
Ah I get you!

The last few times it was run by NPS directly, this time the recruitment is being done by SSCL who recruit for most MOJ positions. July 19 round seemed a lot easier, wish I'd have applied then!
jademichaela
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MPQZ)
Ah I get you!

The last few times it was run by NPS directly, this time the recruitment is being done by SSCL who recruit for most MOJ positions. July 19 round seemed a lot easier, wish I'd have applied then!
Ah it might be a role play then! Guess we will just see on the day😂
Oh yeah me too! But hopefully we can all smash it regardless!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (64)
63.37%
No (19)
18.81%
Not sure (18)
17.82%

Watched Threads