Do mitochondria and ribosomes help the cell to make enzymes?

Watch this thread
15Skousar
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
summy003
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 15Skousar)
Mitochondria produce ATP which the ribosomes need to carry out protein synthesis and most enzymes are proteins. So yes.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yes, but so too does the nucleus, ER, golgi apparatus... It's a slightly odd question.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Mitochondria produces ATP, the most important energy supplier exists in metabolic processes and ribosomes are connecting the amino acids to protein chains and enzymes are one of many another kinds of proteins. But without ATP, ribosomes can't work and not only those. So yes, they help them, especially mitochondria!
summy003
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Yes, but so too does the nucleus, ER, golgi apparatus... It's a slightly odd question.
i don't think they need to worry about those things considering its a gcse question? idk
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Yep, good point. strictly speaking ATP is not responsible for making enzymes directly, as it is not the main function. But everything is connected with this energy transfer in a way, so yeah it is a bit odd.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.26%
They're what I expected (19)
30.65%
They're worse than what I expected (23)
37.1%

Watched Threads