leahbedwin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Welcome!
About Me
Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the GYG party but have been completely procrastinating over the past week and not doing any coursework or revision at work, but instead obsessing over everyone else's blogs and religiously checking Track every 5 minutes, so thought I'd create my own blog to keep me motivated and actually do some work! I've been a member of TSR for years but have recently started using it all the time as an excuse to not work, so the new aim is to use it to actually help me work like it's meant to.

What subjects do I study?
I'm a Year 13 student studying A-Level Economics, Maths & Computer Science. I'm also currently undertaking an EPQ to do with the subject I want to do at university.
Spoiler:
Show

Economics (AQA)
- Paper 1: Markets and market failure (Micro)
- Paper 2: National and international economy (Macro)
- Paper 3: Economic principles and issues (Micro & Macro)
(A* = 80%, A = 68%, B = 58%)

Maths (AQA)
- Paper 1: Pure maths
- Paper 2: Pure & mechanics
- Paper 3: Pure & statistics
(A* = 77%, A = 62%, B = 50%)

Computer Science (OCR)
- Paper 1: Computer systems (40%)
- Paper 2: Algorithms and programming (40%)
- Coursework (20%)
(A* = 81%, A = 71%, B = 60%)

Academic Record
UCAS Predictions
I'm predicted A*AA (A* in Economics) and hoping for an A in my EPQ.
Spoiler:
Show

End of Year 12 results
Economics (A)
Maths (C - B in retake)
Computer Science (B)

GCSE
Maths - 9
Religious Studies - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 8
Computer Science - 8
Geography - 8
History - 8
Spanish - 8
English Language - 7
English Literature - 6
Further Maths - A

University Choices
I'll leave below my UCAS choices and preferences, as I've already actually received 3 offers out of the 5 I've applied to.
Spoiler:
Show

University of Birmingham / Policy, Politics & Economics / L990 - still waiting on a response
University of Bristol / Social Policy / L400 - offer of ABB
University of Liverpool / Philosophy, Politics, and Economics / L0V0 - offer of ABB (including Maths)
University of Manchester / Politics, Philosophy and Economics / LV25 - offer of AAA
University of Nottingham / Sociology and Social Policy / LL34 - still waiting on a response

Blog Updates
I'll update this as and when I update my blog so you can see all my posts in one place!
Spoiler:
Show

And let me know if any of you would like to be tagged in future so you get notified when I post!

Thanks! Leah x

Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leahbedwin)

Welcome!
About Me
Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the GYG party but have been completely procrastinating over the past week and not doing any coursework or revision at work, but instead obsessing over everyone else's blogs and religiously checking Track every 5 minutes, so thought I'd create my own blog to keep me motivated and actually do some work! I've been a member of TSR for years but have recently started using it all the time as an excuse to not work, so the new aim is to use it to actually help me work like it's meant to.

What subjects do I study?
I'm a Year 13 student studying A-Level Economics, Maths & Computer Science. I'm also currently undertaking an EPQ to do with the subject I want to do at university.
Spoiler:
Show

Economics (AQA)
- Paper 1: Markets and market failure (Micro)
- Paper 2: National and international economy (Macro)
- Paper 3: Economic principles and issues (Micro & Macro)
(A* = 80%, A = 68%, B = 58%)

Maths (AQA)
- Paper 1: Pure maths
- Paper 2: Pure & mechanics
- Paper 3: Pure & statistics
(A* = 77%, A = 62%, B = 50%)

Computer Science (OCR)
- Paper 1: Computer systems (40%)
- Paper 2: Algorithms and programming (40%)
- Coursework (20%)
(A* = 81%, A = 71%, B = 60%)

Academic Record
UCAS Predictions
I'm predicted A*AA (A* in Economics) and hoping for an A in my EPQ.
Spoiler:
Show

End of Year 12 results
Economics (A)
Maths (C - B in retake)
Computer Science (B)

GCSE
Maths - 9
Religious Studies - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 8
Computer Science - 8
Geography - 8
History - 8
Spanish - 8
English Language - 7
English Literature - 6
Further Maths - A

University Choices
I'll leave below my UCAS choices and preferences, as I've already actually received 3 offers out of the 5 I've applied to.
Spoiler:
Show

University of Birmingham / Policy, Politics & Economics / L990 - still waiting on a response
University of Bristol / Social Policy / L400 - offer of ABB
University of Liverpool / Philosophy, Politics, and Economics / L0V0 - offer of ABB (including Maths)
University of Manchester / Politics, Philosophy and Economics / LV25 - offer of AAA
University of Nottingham / Sociology and Social Policy / LL34 - still waiting on a response

Blog Updates
I'll update this as and when I update my blog so you can see all my posts in one place!
Spoiler:
Show

And let me know if any of you would like to be tagged in future so you get notified when I post!

Thanks! Leah x

Hiya,

Can I be tagged into your gyg please? Wishing you all the best for the academic year!
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there! :hello: Good luck with your GYG - tag me! :heart:
leahbedwin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hiya,

Can I be tagged into your gyg please? Wishing you all the best for the academic year!
(Original post by emilynxlan)
Hi there! :hello: Good luck with your GYG - tag me! :heart:
Hi! Thankyou both so much for the support! I’ll be sure to tag you in my next post
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leahbedwin)
Hi! Thankyou both so much for the support! I’ll be sure to tag you in my next post
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.45%
I don't have everything I need (334)
43.55%

Watched Threads