(Original post by palienlolien)
Hi, I'm finding people who are applying to PPE as well. Can you tell us your

University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2 grades:
AS grades:
GCSE grades:
Why PPE?:
choices- Oxford, Durham, Exeter, Edinburgh & Cardiff (have offers from Cardiff and Exeter)
Subjects-Chemistry Maths and Religious Studies (weird mix ik lol)
Predicted-A*AA
GCSE- 99988888776
Why PPE? I didn’t want to be restricted to 1 subject and I am interested by all 3, seemed kind of perfect.
Wby? Also has anyone received a PPE offer from Durham? My friend has and I haven’t so I’m stressing a bit😂, thanks!
Molly.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by palienlolien)
Hi, I'm finding people who are applying to PPE as well. Can you tell us your

University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted A2 grades:
AS grades:
GCSE grades:
Why PPE?:
Choices: Oxford, Durham, Lancaster (unconditional offer), York (AAA offer) and Nottingham (A*ABB offer)

Subjects: Maths, History, Politics and English Literature

Predicted: A*A*A*A*

GCSE: 999999998A*A*

Why PPE? I want to study how the subjects link together. I’m particularly interested in political philosophy, for example. I considered studying straight politics, but I thought I’d rather have the variety of 3 subjects.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I study ppe at Warwick if anyone's got questions
inoubliable
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
University choices: Oxford (unlikely considering all my data + how badly tsa prep is going, this is highly unlikely), Durham (offer), Manchester (offer), Essex and Warwick

What subject(s) are currently studying?: chemistry, politics, maths

Predicted A2 grades: A*AA

AS grades: AAAA (A in German when I used to do it)

GCSE grades: One 9, Six 8s, three 7s

Why PPE?: I talk a lot more about it in my PS, but it's essentially to more thoroughly appreciate and understand the world we live in, and how the three strands are intrinsically linked
Molly.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by inoubliable)
University choices: Oxford (unlikely considering all my data + how badly tsa prep is going, this is highly unlikely), Durham (offer), Manchester (offer), Essex and Warwick

What subject(s) are currently studying?: chemistry, politics, maths

AS grades: AAAA (A in German when I used to do it)

GCSE grades: One 9, Six 8s, three 7s

Why PPE?: I talk a lot more about it in my PS, but it's essentially to more thoroughly appreciate and understand the world we live in, and how the three strands are intrinsically linked
Hi, good luck with your TSA. My prep isn’t going well either, but hopefully we will do well on the day! Is your Durham offer just the standard offer, or is it a contextual or Sutton Trust offer?
inoubliable
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Molly.x)
Hi, good luck with your TSA. My prep isn’t going well either, but hopefully we will do well on the day! Is your Durham offer just the standard offer, or is it a contextual or Sutton Trust offer?
Hello! Thank you very much, to you too - who knows, we may be able to pull it out of the bag!

My Durham offer is a contextual offer (which I am all too glad for)
Molly.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by inoubliable)
Hello! Thank you very much, to you too - who knows, we may be able to pull it out of the bag!

My Durham offer is a contextual offer (which I am all too glad for)
Hopefully-and that’s great, well done!
emilybennett27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
University choices: Manchester (offers for PPE (AAA) and Pol & Econ(AAB)), Warwick (A*AAoffer), Durham, Lancaster (unconditional offer)
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Politics, History, Maths
AS grades: AAA
GCSE grades: 999888776AB
Why PPE?: I'm interested in all 3 subjects and I didn't want to be limited to just one. I also wanted to combine studying maths with humanities.
Last edited by emilybennett27; 1 year ago
honeydukes01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone else applied for econ and phil at Bristol?
KBazza01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
University choices: Oxford (very nervous about the TSA coming up), Warwick (A*AA offer), York (AAA offer), Nottingham (AAA/AABB offer), Loughborough (AAB offer)

What subject(s) are currently studying?: History, Politics, Maths, RS

Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*A*

AS grades: Got AAAA on my year 12 report

GCSE grades: 9999998888

Why PPE?: Really interested in the three different subjects and want some breadth in my degree, like seeing how they all relate to each other as well

Good luck to everyone on your applications!
Last edited by KBazza01; 1 year ago
Fiyero
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
University Choices: Oxford, Manchester (AAA offer), York (AAA), Warwick, Durham (although for Combined Honours in Social Science instead of PPE)

What Subjects are you currently studying: Maths, French, History, Further Maths

Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A

AS Grades: didn't do

GCSE Grades: 99998A*A*A*A*6

Why PPE: I liked the breadth of the degree and it looked like there were lots of things I could do with it potentially

Slightly stressing me other people have got offers from Warwick and I've not but I'm sure it'll be fine.
rachelfhu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
did anyone do the TSA today? It was IMPOSSIBLE
Molly.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rachelfhu)
did anyone do the TSA today? It was IMPOSSIBLE
I did, I found it very very hard too. On all of the past papers, I was getting converted scores in the early 70s. On today’s paper though, I struggled a lot. I found the conclusion questions and the rolling dice question unbelievably hard!!
rachelfhu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Molly.x)
I did, I found it very very hard too. On all of the past papers, I was getting converted scores in the early 70s. On today’s paper though, I struggled a lot. I found the conclusion questions and the rolling dice question unbelievably hard!!
I hope they take the difficulty into account, i had to guess about 10 questions I was doing well in past papers too
Molly.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rachelfhu)
I hope they take the difficulty into account, i had to guess about 10 questions I was doing well in past papers too
I’m sure that they will. They have to interview about 36% of PPE applicants, so we can only hope that we will be in the 36%.
Fiyero
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was so much harder than last years!! I struggled so much for time
jfk76
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Choices: Oxford, LSE (Politics&Economics), Warwick, UCL

Achieved grades: German Abitur 1.0 (best possible grade, final exams equal roughly A*A*A*AA although the Abitur grade is not only dependent on the final exams)

Why PPE? Interest in all three subjects, especially their intersections (P&E at LSE mainly because it‘s so inflexible and 4 years)

TSA today went okay but not exceptional (had trouble finishing the essay and can‘t really predict how section one went)
FXL00
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KBazza01)
University choices: Oxford (very nervous about the TSA coming up), Warwick (A*AA offer), York (AAA offer), Nottingham (AAA/AABB offer), Loughborough

What subject(s) are currently studying?: History, Politics, Maths, RS

Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*A*

AS grades: Got AAAA on my year 12 report

GCSE grades: 9999998888

Why PPE?: Really interested in the three different subjects and want some breadth in my degree, like seeing how they all relate to each other as well

Good luck to everyone on your applications!
Congrats for getting offer from 3 schools! When did you submit your application?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads