Victoria Halls help! Watch

JOYCE L
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anyone know if the internet in Victoria Halls is limited? Like is Skype blocked? Or is online gaming like WoW blocked?

I've asked in Buchanan View and it isnt. Internet's one of the major factors for me deciding between the two.

Thanks
Joyce
mr_cool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I also need to decide betwenn the two and thats something I would like to know. I also wonder what the speed difference is. I know in Buchanan view you have to pay extra for a better speed. I wonder if they allow downloads via torrents etc.
JOYCE L
Buchanan view already replied to me and said that things like Sype and online games like WoW is not blocked. Still waiting for reply from Victoria Halls. They dont really seem to reply to most things. =(
BiscuitFuelled
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I stayed at Buchanan View in the 2005-2006 uni year, the internet was very slow. My flatmate stayed up long into the night playing World of Warcraft though, and I played CS: Source now and again without major issues, so I guess it at least functioned.
mr_cool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=610295
JOYCE L
ok..Victoria Halls just replied my mail and said that the internet is not limited. Meaning I can play WoW or do whatever I like.

Now the headache of deciding between the two places.
mr_cool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you decided? The thing that annoys me about Vic halls is having to pay in 1 or 2 installments.
JOYCE L
I'm not sure to go for Vic or Buchanan. Vic's lease time is more suitable though as I will only be in Glasgow mid Sept.
JOYCE L
hmm..I guess it will be Buchanan View for me. As I am an overseas student and they just told me that if I dont have a guarantor living in Uk, I need to pay the rent in full! =(
d0mz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bare in mind that lots of people really advise against living in Unite halls as they say they mess you about for payments of utilities and bills and whatnot. I've never heard anyone have major quarms about the Victoria halls in that sense, though. (then again I've never lived in either so take what I say with a pinch of salt. :p:)
mr_cool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JOYCE L)
I'm not sure to go for Vic or Buchanan. Vic's lease time is more suitable though as I will only be in Glasgow mid Sept.

What is the difference is lease times?
JOYCE L
(Original post by mr_cool)
What is the difference is lease times?

lease in Buchanan View starts on 1st sept till 26/6/09

lease in Victoria Halls starts on 14th sept till early july

sigh..I guess it would be Buchanan for me as I have to pay it all at once if I choose Vic. around 3.3k pounds! =(

**maybe i might as well go for blackfrairs..eventhough its more expensive. But its closer to Strathclyde
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Jun '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Wed, 4 Sep '19
  • University of Glasgow
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads