Strange blue-ish dots on my scalp and stomach. Watch

lostinfantasies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Alright, yesterday, I dyed my hair pink. I'm forever dying my hair so wasn't TOO surprised to find clumps of it coming out yesterday. That's another story though, and we've figured out what we're doing with it.

My question is, since...effectively, I showered the dye out, I've noticed random blue bits everywhere. Like...coming off my body (no idea where!) and then due to wet water being turned blue, I'll see vaguely-blue water in the shower or something. Or it'll be on my cuticles and in my nails.

Now, it's on my hair scalp, in LOTS of little blue dots, and on my stomach (where I have a few really light, really blonde, usually invisible hairs, which were a blue hue last night).

WTF?

The hairs on my stomach are alright now; they sort of turned blue after I used a fake tan spray and then I freaked out and immediately washed it off. There's still a slight hue though.

I'm thinking this is probably the dye that did this, but why?? Anyone know what I do to combat this, if there's anything.
elziebelzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe you're slightly allergic to something in the dye?
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmmm this is strange. What are the 'blue bits' like?
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most likely an allergy to the dye, what brand was it? May be best do get it checked out by a gp xx
love2learn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was going to ask something along the lines of have you eaten a biro?

In all seriousness though, it sounds more like a reaction, although as far as I know that would normally be red / bumpy / itchy. Or it could have been the dye attaching itself to other hair perhaps? Is it a particularly strong dye? If it's not itchy, I'd recommend a thorough scrubbing with a good exfoliating wash and seeing if that helps. If not, your best bet is probably to go to a hairdressers and ask for advice. If it does get at all swollen thoguh or looks like a typical reaction, and is bothering you, go and get it checked out.

Oh, did you do a patch test first by the way, and did it turn out ok? If not, you might want to follow their instructions next time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.01%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.39%

Watched Threads