ameliadee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I’m in year 11 doing my GCSE’s but I’m not confident I’ll pass anything whatsoever, I’m not good at anything and I have the worst memory. I also have anxiety which doesn’t help. So if anyone has any tips or tricks or anything that could help please tell me. Even if you talk about your experience and how you got through year 11. Would also help if anyone has any tips on memorising things. Thanks
Emily Bish
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Memes. Don’t underestimate the sheer power of laughter. My form tutor showed me something once that said if you laugh you’re more likely to remember, and I found joking about everything has helped me remember everything, especially for English Literature.

Comfortable studying. Don’t push yourself too far. Do about- 30 minutes a night on something. Be comfy, happy and in a good stress-free mindset when you get down to work.

Make notes. But make them effective notes. The point of note taking is to get a lot of information in as few words as possible. Something like...

Norman Conquest
- edward confessor dies
- succession crisis
- harold godwinson
* hastings
- norman win
+ hill retreat strategy
+ harold - arrow in eye
- king william the conqueror

... is how I like to format. Use colours, but code them properly. Notes are meant to condense/summarise information, jog your memory and be quickly digestible. This way, you can re-read them constantly.

Practice. For essay subjects, it’s good to practice the questions just to know the format, timings and your personal areas to improve. For things like maths and science, it’ll help you prepare and improve your question approaches, and you’ll be prepared for every sort of question just by doing past papers.
Nithumigah
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Here is a link to playlists I have created with Year 11 advice and subject specific revision tips
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCtQPr3Fn6NQOF_P8laJFX-A
ameliadee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you both, I really appreciate it. I will try these and see how it goes
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
CGP revision books are helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (108)
86.4%
No (17)
13.6%

Watched Threads