Casual Sex Watch

Rokit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
#1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...destroyed.html

Whilst I understand the trouble with drinking alcohol and then having sex, this article fails to acknowledge those women who simply enjoy sex which is why the alternative sex scene exists and is growing.

It is extremely naive of some women to meet a guy in a club, have sex the first night and think the relationship is going to go somewhere :confused:

Discuss
0
reply
Varsity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#2
Report 10 years ago
#2
Two points:

1) If I sleep with a girl on the first night that doesn’t mean there is no chance or a relationship, I think that just depends on the guy.

2) The woman in that article didn’t get a relationship because she is a munter.

That is all.
0
reply
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#3
Report 10 years ago
#3
(Original post by Rokit)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...destroyed.html

Whilst I understand the trouble with drinking alcohol and then having sex, this article fails to acknowledge those women who simply enjoy sex which is why the alternative sex scene exists and is growing.

It is extremely naive of some women to meet a guy in a club, have sex the first night and think the relationship is going to go somewhere :confused:

Discuss
I got about half way through the article before giving up. Awfully written, stupid premise. The idiot protagonist went round sleeping with a load of guys and then complained about how it made her feel cheap and used. Shock ****ing horror. What a pile of crap.

As for your point, I'm sure there are women in that situation. If you note the study, 53% of women said they regretted one night stands. That leaves 47% that didn't - a fairly sizeable portion to say the least.

Gah, that damned newspaper never fails to rile me.
0
reply
Rokit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
#4
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
#4
Yeah I found the style of writing quite unprofessional too
0
reply
Varsity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#5
Report 10 years ago
#5
(Original post by Rokit)
Yeah I found the style of writing quite unprofessional too
It’s the daily hate, what do you expect?
0
reply
Anonymous #1
#6
Report 10 years ago
#6
Just getting back to the casual sex aspect. I've slept with two guys "casually"

The first one I had met him once before, but he was a friend of a friend, so he couldn't really avoid me afterwards, but it was just sex, and it was just what we both wanted at the time, no strings etc. I knew what I was getting myself in for, so I didn't feel cheap and used or anything.

The second guy became my "sex buddy" of sorts, and we just slept together twice. He was quite a close friend, and we have the same friends etc. However, he made me feel used, as he would practically ignore me around my friends, then crawl into bed after a night out - so I quickly ended it because I could see how much it would hurt me if I carried on.

I also slept with a guy on the second date. We got on really well and I could see it going somewhere with him. I know that maybe it was a little soon, but I'm at uni, so whatever really. I'm still not sure where it's going with him, so I feel as though I've made a mistake, but hopefully it'll work out for the best.

Girls aren't stupid, and I can't believe that she thought that it would give her an "ego boost" and didn't realise beforehand that guys would say anything to get her into bed (I'm not saying that ALL guys will). And yeah, there is a minority of women (me included) that just like sex. And those that CAN just have one night stands and be fine with it. If girls are looking to have one night stands and stuff, they need to stop being so naiive about what men are looking for. It's more than likely that they're not looking for anything at all, and they need to be prepared for that, because it can really hurt. I was under no illusion that any of the guys that I slept with (bar the last one, as he actually took me on dates and arranged further ones before I had slept with him) was looking for a relationship, and unless girls realise that, of course they're going to feel used! But girls can use guys too!
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (458)
38.04%
No - but I will (91)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (84)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.43%

Watched Threads

View All