The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't know! I don't know you! I don't know if you're really passionate about business, I don't really know anything about you. I am not qualified to tell you whether or not you're making the right decision. The same goes for other members.

And please spell properly.
Your spelling is fine enough.
But your not going to do well in any course if don't have some keeness or passion. So bare that in mind when you're going to lectures etc...
You can still go ahead with law, but you're going to have to start studying properly and compensate for the first year.
Reply 3
I'm afraid I couldn't possibly tell you.
Reply 4
Sorry, didn't meant to be so harsh, but text speak does peeve me off and it is against forum rules. I, and others, find "dat" and "ur" difficult to read.

But you will not go far in a career if you don't have the passion and aren't eager. What was the reason for your "messing around" in the first year? Was it out of boredom? We all make mistakes and I know many intelligent people get a bit carried away with their first year at uni and failed (or came close to failing). You're young and hopefully this has acted as a wake up call.

If you are dedicated and passionate about law then I'd advise caution. Don't get up on it just yet. With consistantly good (mid 2:1 and above) marks in your second and third year you'll be able to compensate. It will still be hard to find a training contract, but not impossible.
well, if u really feel u made a mistake by "due to messing around i only just about passed so do not see myself getting a training contract" then work very hard in the next Year and following years lol.
u have 2 options to select from (as far as i know)

1) continue with ur current law degree work hard
if u get good grades 2:1 in the final yr (b4 that get lots and lots of work experience in legal sector) then go to persuade ur career as Law u will surely get traning contract. or
if u donot get that good grades in final yr then with ur Law degree go to do Masters degree in business and persuade a career in business field

2) as u said change ur course to Business degree and aim for business related career (hey u also have a chance to become a lawyer via GDL/CPE conversion route with ur business degree. if u get good grades in yr final yr)

i told what ever i know if i am wrong, anyone can correct me
River85
I don't know! I don't know you! I don't know if you're really passionate about business, I don't really know anything about you. I am not qualified to tell you whether or not you're making the right decision. The same goes for other members.

And please spell properly.

Getting pissed at being asked personal questions about someone you've never met?
River85
Sorry, didn't meant to be so harsh, but text speak does peeve me off and it is against forum rules. I, and others, find "dat" and "ur" difficult to read.

You must be so cool being all posh n upperclass n all
Reply 8
Bear_Grylls
You must be so cool being all posh n upperclass n all

:rofl: Upper-class, yeah...right :rolleyes: Far from it.

No, I just find it hard to read and it isn't what one would expect of someone who is obviously fairly intelligent. It's against forum rules and for a good reason.
Reply 9
Clefeen
I'm afraid I couldn't possibly tell you.

well that was a pointless thread
Reply 10
daniel250121
oh stop being a stuck up little annopying bastard about you cant read text talk so your friends dont text. honestly dont read my thread then .annoying people like you piss me off so dont reply to me thread not dat you helped anyway

Well, maybe I shouldn't have bothered answering. I did try and give decent advice in my second post (after apologising) but it's obviously not appreciated. Also, what Clefeen said is quite fair. We don't know you, who are we to help guide you through possibly the most important decision of your life. Again, that didn't seem to be appreciated.

Anyway, why type like that, seriously? This is supposed to be an academic forum and you just don't come off as being very intelligent (and I'm sure you are). I honestly have a hard time reading it. If you want help it's up to YOU to adhere to forum rules and make sure what you type is readable. If you can't be bothered following the rules then don't bother asking for advice. Dats the truth yo!

If you can give me a good reason why you do it (apart from a pathetic time saving reason) I'll accept it.
Reply 11
River85
Well, maybe I shouldn't have bothered answering. I did try and give decent advice in my second post (after apologising) but it's obviously not appreciated. Also, what Clefeen said is quite fair. We don't know you, who are we to help guide you through possibly the most important decision of your life. Again, that didn't seem to be appreciated.

Anyway, why type like that, seriously? This is supposed to be an academic forum and you just don't come off as being very intelligent (and I'm sure you are). I honestly have a hard time reading it. If you want help it's up to YOU to adhere to forum rules and make sure what you type is readable. If you can't be bothered following the rules then don't bother asking for advice. Dats the truth yo!

If you can give me a good reason why you do it (apart from a pathetic time saving reason) I'll accept it.

well your obviously not that intelligent if you cant read txt talk , do you not hav a phone. but anyway thanks for you help
Reply 12
daniel250121
well your obviously not that intelligent if you cant read txt talk , do you not hav a phone. but anyway thanks for you help

I think you'll find I am quite intelligent, thanks otherwise I wouldn't be at the uni I am at. It's just I don't really expect to see your spelt "ur". I just read that as it's spelt then, realising what I've done, have to re-read. When there's a lot of it it means re-read full sentences. Although I do have a mobile I wasn't brought up around yoof txt tlk. Also, aside from reading difficulties it could lead to genuine misunderstandings. Although I appreciate you haven't done this I have seen one poster today repeatedly type "ma" instead of "my". So when I read "ma course" I kept thinking MA (Master of arts) even though it wasn't capitalised.

This is a forum, not a collection of text messages. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh but if you expect help from people it's your responsiblity to make sure that you follow the rules and type properly. Think yourself lucky that it was me who replied to the thread and not Profesh (he would have been far more cutting).
Reply 13
well im at uni to so equally intelligent , and seriously its only a talk forum for young people not an application for a training contract, i really cant be bothered and havent got the time to write it all proper when everyone up unitl you understands why were talking about
River85
I think you'll find I am quite intelligent, thanks otherwise I wouldn't be at the uni I am at. It's just I don't really expect to see your spelt "ur". I just read that as it's spelt then, realising what I've done, have to re-read. When there's a lot of it it means re-read full sentences. Although I do have a mobile I wasn't brought up around yoof txt tlk. Also, aside from reading difficulties it could lead to genuine misunderstandings. Although I appreciate you haven't done this I have seen one poster today repeatedly type "ma" instead of "my". So when I read "ma course" I kept thinking MA (Master of arts) even though it wasn't capitalised.

This is a forum, not a collection of text messages. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh but if you expect help from people it's your responsiblity to make sure that you follow the rules and type properly. Think yourself lucky that it was me who replied to the thread and not Profesh (he would have been far more cutting).

Were you raised in some posh area? You seem very snobbish about text speak and other things (I know it is against forum rules but still).
Reply 15
prospectivEEconomist
Were you raised in some posh area? You seem very snobbish about text speak and other things (I know it is against forum rules but still).

Lol, what's social class got to do with text speak? I've already outlined my reasons why I don't like it and I feel that they are fair. I honestly find an excessive amount of it hard to read (unfortunately, although my reading comprehension is average it's inferior to my other verbal abilities. This creates minor reading problems). I just don't understand why intelligent people feel the need to type "that" as "dat" as if they are a two year old.

Anyway, I come from a very modest lower middle/middle middle class background. Nothing special at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryton%2C_Tyne_and_Wear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawcrook

Not 1/5th as posh as

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexham

Just up the road.

Latest

Trending

Trending