Vetsim 08 Who's going? Watch

Phoebe_Vet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'll be there! Is anyone doing the mock interview?
moominvet
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I will too! Im doing the mock interview, although i still need to fill in that form! Im going to start packing soon! What halls are you in? Im in group A i think! Are you doing the marine mammal medic course thing?
Phoebe_Vet
Rep:
?
Nope couldn't afford it

I think i'm in lincoln hall????
moominvet
Report 10 years ago
Im in hugh stewart halls i think, how are you getting there? Im getting a train at six in the morning!!! So i will be looking very tired on the sunday i think!! Did you get the upgrade stethoscope? I wonder what we actually do!
Phoebe_Vet
Rep:
?
no i just went standard lol. Luckily i only live in leicestershire so it's only a 40min drive. Hopefully the course will make up for your long journey!
Lozzo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, i'm going to vetsim too I'm staying in Lincoln hall, i'm doing the mock interview and getting the upgrade stethoscope. Didn't think the marine mammal course would be so good and it was too expensive :/

I don't know anyone who is going so i'm gonna be travelling down by myself by train argh, I can see myself getting lost somewhere :rolleyes: Does anyone know if there will be a bus to pick us up from the train station???

xxx
moominvet
Report 10 years ago
There was a bus at vetmedlink so i think there will be one again, but im not sure. Im getting the train with two of my friends but the train is cancelled so i have to get on a replacement bus i hate the replacements buses!! Oh well i get on a train at manchester so its alright really, i will probably sleep on the bus since its at 6!

My friend told me we would be in small groups and do practicals and stuff, im quite scared now incase im in a small group with people who are insanely clever and then i make myself look stupid! It should be alright though, im looking forward too it!
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm staying in Licoln hall and not doing marine mammal (so expensive!!) nor getting the upgrade stethascope, but I am doing the mock interview!
i<3rainbowdrops
Report 10 years ago
Hi! I'm staying at lincoln, got a mock interview and i'm doing the marine mammal thing cos it sounds cool
think i'm in group b. anyone else?
i'm a bit nervous now actually, especially aboout the interview (even though its not a proper one). and i don't really know anyone going.

anyway if you want to talk my msn is
[email protected]

see you there

louise :bunny:
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do you know which group you are in?

Not knowing anyone is fine , most people are in the same boat...you'll quickly make friends.
karate_kat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeh, when I went to vetsim last year, most people didn't know anyone else, but as soon s you get in your groups and give each other your numbers for the call-out, you get to know some people.
And I wouldn't worry about the mock interview, they're usually with a vet student, and are quite relaxed (a lot more relaxed then the real thing, I can assure you).
Phoebe_Vet
Rep:
?
i don't know whether to do the mock interview or not......i just don't want to over-rehearse and become unnatural if you know what i mean....
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I'll just do it without preperation (not that I have a choice due to my evening being taken away by some surprise babysitting..."oh btw you're babysitting at 8:30" at 8pm :rolleyes: ) and just take it more as a conversation.
Phoebe_Vet
Rep:
?
Just got back and I really enjoyed it! Only thing I wasn't so keen on was the "call out". I'm really sorry but I just can't take seriously CPR on a stuffed dog after being talked at in a fake iranian accent really late at night lol.

Anyway, it was really nice to meet different people all with the same goal and some fellow TSR members! Saying that, there weren't that many TSR'ers there or even people who had heard of it!
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The thing that got me at the call-out, was when they said the senior vet had left a 1st year student on their own which was bad enough, but then we had to know what to do to help the 1st year, when we haven't even started uni yet!!
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea, I agree it was hard to take the call out seriously, buut I thought it was a lot of fun
Phoebe_Vet
Rep:
?
I really liked the guy that did the stethoscope and key hole surgery talk. He was really funny lol.

"A......rabbit!" lol
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He scared me last year, if it was the same guy
Phoebe_Vet
Rep:
?
lol

He's got a really loud voice, short greyish hair....don't know his name though.

The guy from Grenada SGU wasn't selling it to me much. Was just convenient how he left out info on the price until someone specifically asked.....
ashefbjhsdab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea the guy that gave those talks is a professional motivational speaker called Gary Craven. (hence why some of his facts were a tad wrong) But he is a legend, very funny

He speaks at the law and medic ones as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed