(Original post by d r e a m y)
their stance on brexit
What stance :lol:
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Labour has a big problem on Brexit. Luckily for them, the Tories are also split.

They have many seats in the North which voted to leave (that’s not to say labour voters up there are leavers) which could be gobbled up by the Brexit party.

Then we have the Islington seats which are very pro remain, but a pro leave MP in Corbyn (his voting record). So they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
d r e a m y
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
What stance :lol:
omg hahaha
Smack
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Complete farce. The only thing that is stopping them from slipping down further is the mess that the Tories are also in. In fact, here in Scotland they already have slipped down into third. However, unlike the Tories, whose current problems seem to be largely based on Brexit, Labour's seem more existential, and existed before Brexit.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Smack)
Complete farce. The only thing that is stopping them from slipping down further is the mess that the Tories are also in. In fact, here in Scotland they already have slipped down into third. However, unlike the Tories, whose current problems seem to be largely based on Brexit, Labour's seem more existential, and existed before Brexit.
I think our Nicola is rubbing her hands in glee at the prospect of this snap GE
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
with brexit done, and a new leader - they have a great shot at getting back into power. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on them winining the election after the next. If Corbyn goes after he looses this one, and then Boris pushes through brexit, Laobur will be in a great possiition to swing back into power.

As it stands though they have two problems - an unelectable leader who couldn't beat the worst tory PM candidate in a generation.. and an absolutly incoherant brexit policy.

The rest of their platform is solid, if mostly stuff I disagree with. Its popular with the public though, and even though they would likely only actually be able to deliver a small percentage of what they are promising, it would be good for the country to swing back in their dirrection for a few years.
Smack
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
I think our Nicola is rubbing her hands in glee at the prospect of this snap GE
Aye, it's likely that the SNP would gain back at least some, and probably quite a lot of, the seats they lost in 2017. Combine that with a Boris majority and you've got a fairly ideal situation for the SNP to pursue independence.
C.Goodyear
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A shambles, they have dozens of pro-EU MP's in Brexit constituencies. If you are pro-EU you should go for the Lib Dems and if you are anti-EU then go for the Brexit Party.

Not to mention the antisemitism and other divides in the party between the Blairites and the Marxists.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Like the Tories, they have a massive problem with division in the ranks except Corbo doesn't fancy kicking out dissenters so you've got a constant shambling mass of disagreement as opposed to... whatever the Tory mess is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (215)
19.32%
Labour (475)
42.68%
Liberal Democrats (212)
19.05%
Green Party (57)
5.12%
Brexit Party (30)
2.7%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.36%
SNP (16)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.9%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)