Gonna be on Question Time next Thursday... Watch

Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm going to be in the audience of the Student edition of Question Time next Thursday, it's filming from 4pm-10pm and being broadcast at 10.30pm. I don't know whether I've been picked to ask a question yet but if I am... I really can't think of any good questions. I'd be quite interested in knowing more about the political situation in Zimbabwe, for example what the panel think will happen to the country once Robert Mugabe dies, but I'm not sure if that's a very good question! Ahh Any advice?
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wear a brightly coloured t-shirt. Ask about the "Dumbing down of Question Time and when is Jade Goody going to be a guest panelist".
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
drop the words TSR in the sentence so that we can see you ... :p:
I presume it's going to be shown on TV at some point?
MJE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
An idea could be to watch the news and read newspapers leading up to Thursday to grasp what are the big issues going on then.

I'm unaware of any big political story that will occur next week, unless one emerges.

I think your prospective Zimbabwe question has the obvious answer which has already been thrown around, ie giving money to them, restoring democracy yadda yadda yadda

What's your name so we can look out for you lol?
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If they think the deputy London mayor should be suspended? Acually, that's a rubbish question sorry lol

Have fun!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would look in the Debate and Discussion threads and Have Your Say for that weeks topics, then formulate a question from there that will divide the panel and make them argue amongst themselves. Zimbabwe is kind of old news and the panelists will just agree.
gruffyddd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was in the audience for the one at the Oxford Union, and it's less spontaneous than you'd think. All the main topic questions had been decided in advance by the production team, and members of the audience were randomly picked beforehand to ask them. Watching it on TV you get the impression that they're their own questions.

However the floor questions mid debate are not planned, so if you wear some distinctive clothing you might get a chance to add your opinion in somewhere.
MJE
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'Why as a collective group are we more likely to spend an extra 50 pence on eggs so that the chickens are treated right than we are to spend an extra 50 pence on clothing to make sure that humans are treated right?'
misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah it's all set up way beforehand anyway :rolleyes:
Robob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MJE)
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Ask this. Please.
Robob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
'Why as a collective group are we more likely to spend an extra 50 pence on eggs so that the chickens are treated right than we are to spend an extra 50 pence on clothing to make sure that humans are treated right?'
Because eggs come first.
MJE
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Robob)
Ask this. Please.
I personally think the answer is 64
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Segat1)
Wear a brightly coloured t-shirt. Ask about the "Dumbing down of Question Time and when is Jade Goody going to be a guest panelist".
To be fair David Mitchell was an extremely able person on the show, he is a panelist and writer on a lot of important things. I think he made the best and most agreeable points of all the people on there; at first I thought he'd written his answers but then he got thrown a question he could never have prepared for and he answered it blindingly.
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
I'm going to be in the audience of the Student edition of Question Time next Thursday, it's filming from 4pm-10pm and being broadcast at 10.30pm. I don't know whether I've been picked to ask a question yet but if I am... I really can't think of any good questions. I'd be quite interested in knowing more about the political situation in Zimbabwe, for example what the panel think will happen to the country once Robert Mugabe dies, but I'm not sure if that's a very good question! Ahh Any advice?
OMG! I always wanted to be on Question Time - please bring up Darfur for me, because I just feel like the issue is being put on the back bench of politics due to Mugabe and it is still a very serious issue (rather a monstrosity) that the government is doing absolutely sod all to resolve!
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair David Mitchell was an extremely able person on the show, he is a panelist and writer on a lot of important things. I think he made the best and most agreeable points of all the people on there; at first I thought he'd written his answers but then he got thrown a question he could never have prepared for and he answered it blindingly.
He actually surprised me, but he wasn't particularly knowledgeable on some of the peculiarly Scottish political issues. Still, good performance from what I saw of it.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
He actually surprised me, but he wasn't particularly knowledgeable on some of the peculiarly Scottish political issues. Still, good performance from what I saw of it.
It's made me look into his life, he studied history at Cambridge so he must be pretty clever. Before it started though I was like 'here we go again, first Jerry Springer and now this'. I think Shami should give all her positions on the panel to him because he actually has something insightful and different to say.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, yes. I'm referring to the hysterical rantings of the Outraged of Tunbridge Wells people who feel "celebs" shouldn't be included. I find their inclusion interesting.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Yeah, I had no idea until today that he is a Cambridge graduate. I did think 'here we go, first Jerry now this!'. I'd much rather he was on once a month than that boy woman Shami constantly going on about the same topics and ruining the discussion.
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mention me!

My friend lives next door to David Dimbleby apparently. I was there on tuesday but I didn't see him off topic I know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.67%
No - but I will (106)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.68%

Watched Threads