Tough Decision Watch

Skinsie
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am off to college in September to study AS levels and am looking forward to it, however I am struggling to make my mind up on courses.

I am going to take pe and human biology but am going to drop one subject, either commmunication and culture, history or business studies. I really would like to give up history due to my loss of interest in it but know that I am good at it (potentially a*). Is it true that universities like History?? Could I possibly have any input from people who could help me make my mind up?

Thanks.
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What do you want to do at uni and where do you want to study?
x-pixie-lottie-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sorry but if uv lost interest in the subject ur grades are bound to drop eventually...
i only took subjects at college that i would enjoy.... no point in doing it if ur goonna dread it...
ull end up skipping lessons that way :P
X
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Skinsie)
I am off to college in September to study AS levels and am looking forward to it, however I am struggling to make my mind up on courses.

I am going to take pe and human biology but am going to drop one subject, either commmunication and culture, history or business studies. I really would like to give up history due to my loss of interest in it but know that I am good at it (potentially a*). Is it true that universities like History?? Could I possibly have any input from people who could help me make my mind up?

Thanks.
Are you wanting to go down a sports/physiotheraphy career route ? You might want to do another science based subject such as psychology or chemistry. But, like other people have said, don't do History because "it looks good", do it because you want to, and if you don't want to then you shouldn't be doing it. The course is difficult and if you haven't got the enthousiasm there then it's difficult to put in the effort to get the top grades= a recipe for disaster. Alternatively, which AS level interests you the most? Because a fourth AS level should be enjoyed if you're only going take it until the end of year 12. I suggest you look up the relevant exam boards and view the syllabuses for the subjects, which will give you more of an idea of their content for next year.
Skinsie
I have no clue what i want to do at uni or where to go. My subjects do not seem very academic without history though.
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OK- so what do you enjoy doing?
Skinsie
the other courses BUT they are not very academic and might not help at universities.
BenLL
Report 10 years ago
Do what you enjoy...(just not 2+ 'soft' subjects)
UltimateJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Make sure you have the required/desired A-levels for your likely future degree (check the uni websites if you are unsure). For the remaining 1-2 subjects pick ones which you will enjoy, and will do well in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads