Shakira Watch

Clefeen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anyone else in here like Shakira?

She's joining Live Nation by the way: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7487572.stm
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hell yeah, she is great.

Shakira > Beyoncé.

Didn't know she was 31 though... :eek:
Clefeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Hell yeah, she is great.

Shakira > Beyoncé.

Didn't know she was 31 though... :eek:

She doesn't look it really. :p:
Lady_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
she doesn't look 31 at all.
she is a great performer, and she really got me into belly-dancing
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No she doesn't. :eek:

I honestly thought she was like 26-27.. :ninja:

Where is she lately? I've not heard a new song from her in yonks..
Clefeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by .Andrew.)
No she doesn't. :eek:

I honestly thought she was like 26-27.. :ninja:

Where is she lately? I've not heard a new song from her in yonks..
Not sure exactly where she is. She just finished her tour from her last albums last year (Oral Fixation Vol. 2). She then also did 3 songs for a movie (Love in the Time of Cholera) which was out here in April.

She's at Rock in Rio tonight.

New material wise she was suppose to be working on her album for at least a month in February. It's rumoured by herself to be out at the end of this year or start of next. It's suppose to be her most commercial one yet (hopefully better than Hips Don't Lie). There was a RUMOUR she was going to record with the Black Eyed Peas but I think that ones off. I don't see why she records so many new songs. She has around 50 unreleased since her first English language album which she never used.
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hips Dont Lie- My summer Anthem of 2006
How i miss it so.
yvonnay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love Shakira, she's amazing!!
-M$ [email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She really is a greaaat performer
megan28
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I loooove Shakira.
She is all too often underestimated as an artist.
For example DELL, fantastic album that most people wouldn't know as they don't go beyond the commercial stuff.

Hope she will tour again soon.
As I loooooved the Oral Fixation tour.
In fact I have a poster on my wall from it
Clefeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yusuf.T)
Hips Dont Lie- My summer Anthem of 2006
How i miss it so.
Yeah I love Hips Don't Lie too. But most hardcore Shakira fans don't like it because it was the song include in the rereleased (about 4 months after the 1st version of the album) of the album. She said she had dreamed about the duet but everyone thinks her record label made her release it to boost album sales since when she released Don't Bother and Oral Fixation Vol 2 the first time, they didn't sell very well.

I miss the Laundry Service days.
Clefeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by megan28)
I loooove Shakira.
She is all too often underestimated as an artist.
For example DELL, fantastic album that most people wouldn't know as they don't go beyond the commercial stuff.

Hope she will tour again soon.
As I loooooved the Oral Fixation tour.
In fact I have a poster on my wall from it

DELL is a great album! I think it's one of her best. FO Vol 1 (Spanish) is also a very good album. Shame La Tortura didn't do well in this country.

She probably won't tour again until the release of the new album.

I haven't seen her in concert yet unfortunatly. It's because she always goes to London and I'm poor lol. For her first English World tour (Tour of the Mongoose) she was suppose to go to Manchester too but this never happened. I have all 3 live DVD's though (Oral Fixation Tour, Tour of the Mongoose and MTV Unplugged). Tour of the Mongoose is the best in my eyes. Wasn't too into Oral Fixation tour.
megan28
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Clefeen)
DELL is a great album! I think it's one of her best. FO Vol 1 (Spanish) is also a very good album. Shame La Tortura didn't do well in this country.

She probably won't tour again until the release of the new album.

I haven't seen her in concert yet unfortunatly. It's because she always goes to London and I'm poor lol. For her first English World tour (Tour of the Mongoose) she was suppose to go to Manchester too but this never happened. I have all 3 live DVD's though (Oral Fixation Tour, Tour of the Mongoose and MTV Unplugged). Tour of the Mongoose is the best in my eyes. Wasn't too into Oral Fixation tour.

Deff. one of the best. I could listen to it on repeat for hours and not get bored.FO is outstanding too, and I think very personal too, like Did De Enerno, such acute lil song!

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for UK dates, its a bit silly her only coming to London.
Although most of teh people in the crowd were not English anyway!
I think she is popular enough to to London and at least one other.
Maybe I love the OF dvd because I saw it for real, but I do love LAOTR too.
It's just missing out on a lil bit of Senor Sanz!!
And that amazing dress from No.
Although I don't have the MTV one I've seen most of it, is it worth buying?
Mantha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i LOVE Shakira :love: La tortua is her best song
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really liked the album Laundry Service, I used to listen to it all the time. Oral Fixation was a bit weird...some good tracks, but she is a bit...how shall we say...unusual!?!
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i bought laundry service before my illegal downloading days.. thats gotta count for something riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?!
Clefeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by abc101)
I really liked the album Laundry Service, I used to listen to it all the time. Oral Fixation was a bit weird...some good tracks, but she is a bit...how shall we say...unusual!?!
Good unusual. :p:

That's what I like about her. She is unique. All of her songs are written by herself and she only releases songs she feels relevant at the time. Could explain why she wrote 60 songs for the Oral Fixation albums but she only released 24. Don't count Hips Don't Lie though, that's a remake of a song called 'Dance Like This' by Wyclef and another woman from Dirty Dancing. Shakira changed a lot of the lyrics and the music but it's not really her kinda song even though a lot of people like it.
Clefeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by megan28)
Deff. one of the best. I could listen to it on repeat for hours and not get bored.FO is outstanding too, and I think very personal too, like Did De Enerno, such acute lil song!

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for UK dates, its a bit silly her only coming to London.
Although most of teh people in the crowd were not English anyway!
I think she is popular enough to to London and at least one other.
Maybe I love the OF dvd because I saw it for real, but I do love LAOTR too.
It's just missing out on a lil bit of Senor Sanz!!
And that amazing dress from No.
Although I don't have the MTV one I've seen most of it, is it worth buying?
I think it is. It's not in full concert like the other two, it's more of a small stage with a small audience. Still pretty good though. She has black hair on that one!
Clefeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yusuf.T)
i bought laundry service before my illegal downloading days.. thats gotta count for something riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?!
It sure has. I think nearly everyone has Laundry Service.
Keiraa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like Shakira, but I prefer her previous stuff much more. Like 'Dónde Están los Ladrones?', 'Laundry Service' or 'Oral Fixation' albums. I think She Wolf album was her biggest flop
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads