I feel like **** if I don't go to the gym every other day! Watch

prospectivEEconomist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I can't go to the gym today as I am working, so will go tomorrow meaning I would have had a 2 day break and it makes me feel like ****! Anyone else feel the same if they miss a gym session by a day or two?
cuddy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah same. I go 6 times a week, 3 days weights, 3 days cardio, alternately. I find you get into a routine, and if you have to miss out on a particular session then you get annoyed, and feel like you have let yourself down.
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
I haven't been for the past 2/3weeks because I hurt my foot and I feel like poop as well - the stamina I had built up for the treadmill has gone back to square 1 - so im going to be suffering headaches for a little while, until I get use to it again.
eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A break is always good. I always take a 2 day break before significantly adding more weight to my bench, squat and dead lift

Its not just your muscles that need to repair, your CNS receptors need a rest too
cuddy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
eDDeboo, do you do bench squat and deadlift more than once per week? Not good unless you take steroids!
eDDeboo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dead lift once a week, sometimes twice if I'm feeling up for it. Bench every other day. 20 rep squat set, I leave 2 days rest in between.

Although I had to take a forced break a few days ago to make sure I'd fully recovered before benching again
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My main reason for working is not to look good - but to regulate my depression (looking good is a bonus), so I rely upon regular exercise to stabalise my emotions. It has enabled me to stay drug-free

Perhaps exercise is also regulating your emotions/feelings. It's not a bad thing.
cuddy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok. Are you seeing good gains from that? I havent done deadlifts for a while, the gym i joined for the summer doesnt really have provision for it.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I havent been for about a month and its getting to me, going start going again next week when i move bak to uni
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel like **** if I don't go to the gym every day. I sometimes have weekends off, but I get jumpy if I haven't done any exercise for a while.
cuddy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
My main reason for working is not to look good - but to regulate my depression (looking good is a bonus), so I rely upon regular exercise to stabalise my emotions. It has enabled me to stay drug-free

Perhaps exercise is also regulating your emotions/feelings. It's not a bad thing.
I totally agree with this. No matter how you feel before you go to the gym, you always leave feeling the same!
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
Wow, how can you work out everyday? Surely your body needs time to rest!
cuddy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i imagine he works a different muscle group each time he goes to the gym, and has alternate weight and cardio days.
eDDeboo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cuddy)
ok. Are you seeing good gains from that? I havent done deadlifts for a while, the gym i joined for the summer doesnt really have provision for it.
I've had no real problems, just one case of overworked pectorals and triceps which were remedied by taking a 3 day rest.

Only been working out for 4 months and I've already got some decent pecs and have put on a stone and 8 pounds of lean muscle since I started. Not been taking my creatine and not bought any more whey since a month ago though, and since then my gains have slowed.
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't do weights or anything, I just run and do circuits. I have been told that maybe my exercise is a bit...heavy, and sometimes I do take a day off here and there, but I feel so much worse (guilty and physically jumpy) if I don't work out at least 5 days a week.
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
If one has put on a stone in 6-7 weeks, and goes to the gym every other day, the person has probably put on mostly fat right?
eDDeboo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds like you're running away from something
burningnun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
If one has put on a stone in 6-7 weeks, and goes to the gym every other day, the person has probably put on mostly fat right?
Wrong, those are decent gains for a novice.

eDDeboo, do you do bench squat and deadlift more than once per week? Not good unless you take steroids!
:/
Samio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cuddy)
I find you get into a routine, and if you have to miss out on a particular session then you get annoyed, and feel like you have let yourself down.
That's pretty much it really. Same with me.
meathead1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate not going to the gym, I have a competition coming up next saturday and have to take a week off before and after, so its basically 2 weeks off, which sucks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads