tv and uni Watch

Mark266
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i no this sound really stupid and i know that this aint what uni life is about. but i just wanted to know if people still watch or have time to watch TV.

for example many shows have ended now such as heroes, lost, doctor who etc. all of which i have watched from the start and i don't wana miss out now. so will i still have time to watch them next year?
WhatTheFunk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
people still watch tv at uni, just don't let it rule your life
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't bother taking a TV, but there was a girl on my floor who taped all the programmes she wanted to watch without fail (she actually forgot to tape Heartbeat once and ran back to set it off to record). Most show's you can watch online (yes possibly illegally) for free. Lost and Heros are 100% going to be somewhere on the internet, but not sure about Doctor Who. If I was you, and to save on the TV licence fee, I would just watch them all online (does BBC iPlayer have Dr Who?) and then you can fit that around your life, rather than your life around when things are on TV (saying that, I came home every weekend while LOST was on...)
BecBec
Report 10 years ago
I agree with the above: online, there is BBC iPlayer now and 4OD for channel 4. Youtube hads everything nowadays as well
envious
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Iplayer and other internet services are so useful and perhaps better than having a tv as you can watch shows often a week after they have been aired so it just gives you greater flexibility. Plus you don't have the hassle of buying a tv license or actually transporting the tv to and from university. Saying this however, I did find that it was good to have a tv in the kitchen when I was in halls or the living room when I shared a house, as it was a great communal activity watching the football or whatever when there was something big on that a lot of people wanted to watch.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yuou can watch most stuff on bbc i player, 4od and itv catch up
crypt0r
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally I feel I'm always too busy to watch tv or at least I dont make time for it unless its something like Dr Who or a good comedy show. I would rather be doing something else than sitting in front of a TV but I do know some people do watch TV but maybe not as religiously as they would during non uni time. But like other people have said just download things from iPlayer etc and youll be fine.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You've just gotta find the right balance is all it is. I'm quite lucky as I only watch a few shows that are still in telly so I was ok bu there are obvious times where you've gotta cut back.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are still plenty of programmes that aren't on iplayer, 4OD etc. Soaps (most importantly Neighbours ) A number of documentaries and live sport.

But most univiersities will have shared communal/recreational rooms where most of these programmes can be watched. If you do bring your TV don't forget a licence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise