is this a good level of fitness? Watch

hanfromman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi everyone,

Well basically i am a 20 year old female and every week i go kickboxing. My fitness level has defo improved alot since starting.
But i was just wondering if my level of fitness is good or just better than it was!
Last night we had a kickboxing grading and it's probably the toughest workout i've done in kickboxing yet!
I successfully managed to do 25 leg raises, 25 leg extensions, 25 sit ups (although i did struggle on these a bit), sprint for one minute, hold a press up for one minute, 15 press ups, then 110 various punches all this was without a break, straight from one thing to another and i did this or variations on it about 4 times during the grading
and also, i can do 45 sit ups in a minute and 20 press ups in 30 seconds, with 80 being the most sit ups i've ever done in one go
is this good?
eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How long did it take you to do the grading?
hanfromman
Rep:
?
about an hour and a bit
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds good for a girl. If you want to improve Id do some bodyweight circuits twice a week or so.
eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It sounds like a toned down version of the '300 test' and an hour and a bit seems slow. But that could be because you didn't move straight onto each thing one after the other, and probably not racing.
Rob_dob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pretty dam good I say, you can do more press-ups than me
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Probably fitter than most girls. Not really a very complete fitness test though. Leg extensions in particular strike me as a weird way to test fitness.
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah it's great, but real men do the 300 test :p:
hanfromman
Rep:
?
(Original post by eDDeboo)
It sounds like a toned down version of the '300 test' and an hour and a bit seems slow. But that could be because you didn't move straight onto each thing one after the other, and probably not racing.
i wasnt just doing that for the whole hour - i did some actual kickboxing for at least half of it, which was more skill based than fitness stuff the big workouts were broken up by the kickboxing, say 3 of those circuits then kickboxing then 2 more of those circuits what is the 300 test:confused:
hanfromman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bateman)
yeah it's great, but real men do the 300 test :p:
but im a girl!
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
realmen + women do cross fit. just saying
Chumbaniya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you can do 20 press-ups in 30 seconds you're probably quite a bit fitter than most girls. There are plenty who would struggle to do more than about 3, and some who can't do any!

The information you give doesn't paint a very complete picture of your fitness, but it sounds as if you're probably pretty fit really.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
What do you want us to say? Yes, you are fitter than the average.
(Original post by Bebbs)
realmen + women do cross fit. just saying
Good lad. You can stay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.89%
No - but I will (87)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (537)
47.65%

Watched Threads