New car time... Watch

gracie88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok so my Nissan Micra has just gone into the garage for it's MOT today, and it has countless things wrong with it including something which will cost £250 to repair. My car is not worth the £500 it will take to fix all of this so i am only prepared to pay for it's MOT and service.

My mum has kindly offered to buy me a new car as she doesn't want me running around in something about to fall apart as she put it.

I've been looking on auto-trader and so far have the choice of;
several 1.0 Nissan micra's
A couple of 1.2 Renault clios
and a couple of Ford KA's

My question is which would be the best buy? I know Nissan micra's are meant to be good cars but I'm not really wanting one anymore. I've always said i would never buy French and my mum has told me the Ford KA has no boot space so now I'm all confused! Opinions please
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Two of my friends have Ford KA's and they love them. If you can find one with a leather interior, they look pretty swish too.

I drove a Renault Clio in my first batch of lessons and at the time I thought it was amazing but, since driving other cars, I have completely changed my opinion on them. Don't like them.
crypt0r
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of my friends has a KA as well and she loves it, though that might just be because its purple....
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why not go and examine a KA at a dealership for yourself?
Don't forget you can always fold down the seats for extra room in city cars.

Have you considered Fiesta's and the obligatory Corsa's?

If you want something a little more interesting, what about a Mazda MX5?

What's your budget out of interest?
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
Considering the OP is mentioning Micras and KAs, I don't think an MX5 would be best. My dad has one, with very hard suspension, and it's twitchy as hell. He's forbidden me from ever driving it, pretty much, as a result.
gracie88
Rep:
?
(Original post by JC.)
Why not go and examine a KA at a dealership for yourself?
Don't forget you can always fold down the seats for extra room in city cars.

Have you considered Fiesta's and the obligatory Corsa's?

What's your budget out of interest?
I'm going to go and test drive some tomorrow with any luck.
I test drove a newer micra tonight (in comparison to mine) and it felt totalllly different. It was a nice car but i'm not sure if i fancy a change

I don't really want a Corsa, looking on auto trader i can't get the ones i would prefer for my price range. (The model just before the new one)

My mum has a budget of £1300 so i can't afford anything too new.

Not sure about Fiestas, there's just something about them i don't like.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What about a 306?
gracie88
Rep:
?
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
What about a 306?
My friend has one and she's had nothing but trouble so i didn't really consider it.
I looked at them just now and i can't afford a decent one anyway.
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you could get a 1.0 Yaris for that price.
JC.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
Considering the OP is mentioning Micras and KAs, I don't think an MX5 would be best. My dad has one, with very hard suspension, and it's twitchy as hell. He's forbidden me from ever driving it, pretty much, as a result.
I find MX5's well planted and sure footed.
Perhaps your dad's car has been in a shunt or, as you say it has very hard suspension, perhaps it has been modified by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

They are smashing little cars.
gracie88
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lara C.)
you could get a 1.0 Yaris for that price.
as much as i would love a Yaris, there are NONE for sale in my area on auto trader... anyway my friend is going to tell this guy at work who is selling his car that i'm interested and hopefully I'll get to test drive it.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gracie88)
as much as i would love a Yaris, there are NONE for sale in my area on auto trader... anyway my friend is going to tell this guy at work who is selling his car that i'm interested and hopefully I'll get to test drive it.
i traveled 130 miles for my Yaris. and id gladly travel it twice for the right car. you only have to do it once.
gracie88
Rep:
?
i traveled 130 miles for my Yaris. and id gladly travel it twice for the right car. you only have to do it once.
It's my mum doing the driving and she wouldn't drive that far, sadly.
JC.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You don't have to do it once though.
I looked at half a dozen MGB's before I settled for the one i've got.
blondie_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All the yaris im seeing on auto trader now have way to high mileage. My mum has little silver yaris is nice.
gracie88
Rep:
?
(Original post by blondie_)
All the yaris im seeing on auto trader now have way to high mileage. My mum has little silver yaris is nice.
Yeah i just did a national search and they all have huge mileages and only start around 1500.. oh well. I'm gonna see what this guy's Corsa turns out to be like
blondie_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck!!
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
I find MX5's well planted and sure footed.
Perhaps your dad's car has been in a shunt or, as you say it has very hard suspension, perhaps it has been modified by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

They are smashing little cars.
Haha yeah, my dad modified it himself. And it's been almost written off since, by him, but he won't take the hint.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed