Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Article
Hasty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope not

...or at least have a seperate hip-hop stage. The year I go, I don't want Jay Z as a headliner >.>
bballer4life
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jay z > noel gallacher
Devel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hope so, AC/DC's guitar track in the background of 99 problems was amazing and I dont even really like hip hop but his performance was incredible.
He is the biggest earning hip-hop star of all time and most likely the biggest in the world right now so why should he not headline, I mean compare his performance to our drugged up Winehouse, no contest.
couture_kid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jay z coming back to glastonbury... good for him!!

It's simple... if you don't want to see him perform, go and watch someone else!
Hasty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Devel)
Hope so, AC/DC's guitar track in the background of 99 problems was amazing and I dont even really like hip hop but his performance was incredible.
He is the biggest earning hip-hop star of all time and most likely the biggest in the world right now so why should he not headline, I mean compare his performance to our drugged up Winehouse, no contest.
I thought she was a lot better, AND apparently she had a slightly bigger audience, some drifted away when Jay Z came on.

I'd rather have Kanye West around than Jay Z.
TheLandOfNorwegia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hasty)
I thought she was a lot better, AND apparently she had a slightly bigger audience, some drifted away when Jay Z came on.

I'd rather have Kanye West around than Jay Z.
That's because you're clueless when it comes to good hip-hop
Hasty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheLandOfNorwegia)
That's because you're clueless when it comes to good hip-hop
You're somewhat right there. I hate Jay Z, and yet think Kanye West has some talent.
izaldo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, Jay should go back, next time around they will know the sign!
TheLandOfNorwegia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hasty)
You're somewhat right there. I hate Jay Z, and yet think Kanye West has some talent.
As long as all dance music is kept 50 miles away from Glasto then I am happy with the line up.
Hasty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheLandOfNorwegia)
As long as all dance music is kept 50 miles away from Glasto then I am happy with the line up.
Oh no, if Jay Z comes, I want Ibiza flown in.
01rorlin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope Jay-Z comes back. I'd love to see it.
fargo89
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Next time a hip-hop star performs at Glastonbury it'll be Kanye West I suspect. He'll be amazing, and blow Jay-Z's still-staggering performance out the water.

Glad to see Jay-Z getting some extras sales from this, not because he needs the money but he can never get too much admiration/respect in the UK as far as I'm concerned.
roots
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
apart from jay z and kanye west, which hip hop acts would you like to see at glastonbury in the future?
Hasty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by roots)
apart from jay z and kanye west, which hip hop acts would you like to see at glastonbury in the future?
I can't comment on that but, in terms of general line up, this year wasn't as good as last year, so I hope they get a lot more bands in next year. Last year was chocka block full of amazing bands, not just headliners.
01rorlin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NWA reunion, minus Eazy E of course.
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NWA + a zombie Eazy E. Sorted.
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol the crowd loved Jay Z it was reported that sales of his albums have gone up due to his appearance at Jay Z.Good on him.Even though I don't listen to alot of RnB if he got asked to perform then he should.

I like Kanye West's music though would love to see him in concert one time not at Glastonbury.
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't mind if he comes a long again, but they should make a hip hop stage. I don't think he should be headlining the main stage again, I think that was a mistake. I agree Amy Winehouse wasn't all that great, but did you see her performance last year? It was brilliant. If she can get her act together she could very well headline Glastonbury, but in her current state? No thank you.
Hasty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ewan)
I wouldn't mind if he comes a long again, but they should make a hip hop stage. I don't think he should be headlining the main stage again, I think that was a mistake. I agree Amy Winehouse wasn't all that great, but did you see her performance last year? It was brilliant. If she can get her act together she could very well headline Glastonbury, but in her current state? No thank you.
A hip-hop stage, that could easily work.
...but would Jay Z come for anything less than headlining?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (256)
39.02%
No - but I will (45)
6.86%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
46.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed