The Student Room Group

Whens a good time to start?

currently in year 13 doing a levels buisness law and sociology. I made all year 12 notes last year but whens the right time to start recapping year 12 stuff bc dont want to start too early or too late. Btw im sitting exams for ALL content over 2 years in may/june
Start now and do it along side your year 13 stuff you don’t have to go to in depth it would be like just re reading notes or watch a youtube video it’s so much easier in the long run if u start early
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by alice0502
Start now and do it along side your year 13 stuff you don’t have to go to in depth it would be like just re reading notes or watch a youtube video it’s so much easier in the long run if u start early

hey thanks for the reply , How may hours a week is ideal to recap first year stuff bc i do want to recap it but in college having a test every 2 weeks for each subject makes it difficult to find time to do so. also is just reading over the notes effective? Thanks
Original post by Fayzan_Ali
hey thanks for the reply , How may hours a week is ideal to recap first year stuff bc i do want to recap it but in college having a test every 2 weeks for each subject makes it difficult to find time to do so. also is just reading over the notes effective? Thanks

Sometimes I read the chapter heading and then think about it write everything I can remember and then read through my notes to build on it more and see what I haven’t remembered once Ive gone through a whole topic I might try some past paper questions just to consolidate
Obviously I only do this when I do have spare time I set aside like one free a week unless I have something urgent and then try to find other ways to apply it e.g. tv or news articles
Sometimes I read the chapter heading and then think about it write everything I can remember and then read through my notes to build on it more and see what I haven’t remembered once Ive gone through a whole topic I might try some past paper questions just to consolidate
Obviously I only do this when I do have spare time I set aside like one free a week unless I have something urgent and then try to find other ways to apply it e.g. tv or news articles

by one a week do you mean 1hr for each subject a week?
by one a week do you mean 1hr for each subject a week?

I said one free a week but I really hate making time slots like spend as long as it takes to do a sub topic or a topic or as much time as u can fit in
sorry what does one free a week mean ahahah :biggrin:
sorry what does one free a week mean ahahah :biggrin:

Oh like instead of lessons I have like free periods 2/3 times a day as I only do 3 subjects and there’s 5 time tabled lesson times
Oh like instead of lessons I have like free periods 2/3 times a day as I only do 3 subjects and there’s 5 time tabled lesson times

ah okay i got plenty of those , if you dont mind me asking what subjects you doing?
ah okay i got plenty of those , if you dont mind me asking what subjects you doing?

Politics, Geography and Computing wbu?
Politics, Geography and Computing wbu?

business , law and sociology , was gonna choose computing but presumed the coding side of things would be difficult to grasp so decided not to go for it. What yous applying for at uni?
business , law and sociology , was gonna choose computing but presumed the coding side of things would be difficult to grasp so decided not to go for it. What yous applying for at uni?

Ahh yeah I really can’t code which doesn’t help with my project 😂😂 I want to study international development how about u?
Ahh yeah I really can’t code which doesn’t help with my project 😂😂 I want to study international development how about u?

hahahah yh coding is difficult to get a hang of fosure . Ahh sounds interesting im looking to go into accounting and finance

Quick Reply

Latest