Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys. I’m 19 years old and currently in my last year of sixth form due to re taking the year. I have zero motivation for anything 😒. I wish I would be able to get up early every morning and do some productive revision or have a nice relaxing bath, go out and just have a nice walk, thibk postively, plan for my future well. But I can’t. Any advice?
Zebin mehrin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no advice just do whatever u feel to do ..
Anonymous #1
You’re right I agree. Just wish I had a drive to want to be better you know.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You’re right I agree. Just wish I had a drive to want to be better you know.
They are not right. Gave **** advice, looks like they had little motivation to make a sensible contribution.

Look, we are motivated when we have a goal, right? So do you know what you want from life? Do you know what you want to do after 6th form? Do you see a vision? If you really want something in life, you work for it. You need to think about what it is you want to achieve in life.

As for doing daily tasks like taking a shower or whatever, GET UP and force yourself to do it until it becomes a habit. Learn to control yourself.

Also, there could be medical reasons for the lack of energy. How are you doing mentally and physically?
Anonymous #1
First of all thank you for taking the time to help and contribute, it means a lot.

I agree, I have moments in life where I picture myself having an amazing house, family, life and much more, and it makes me feel that little bit more motivated to work hard and try to get a step closer. I guess I need to make my life path more clearer so it’s clear to see what needs to be done.

And again I guess you’re right. Just got to get up and do it, no one can really push me to shower and so on.

Mentally I’m on and off. Some days I believe I can do anything I put my mind to. Other days I just feel as if I have no potential and am a waste of time. Physically I’m trying each day, trying to get some exercise here and there to better myself.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
First of all thank you for taking the time to help and contribute, it means a lot.

I agree, I have moments in life where I picture myself having an amazing house, family, life and much more, and it makes me feel that little bit more motivated to work hard and try to get a step closer. I guess I need to make my life path more clearer so it’s clear to see what needs to be done.

And again I guess you’re right. Just got to get up and do it, no one can really push me to shower and so on.

Mentally I’m on and off. Some days I believe I can do anything I put my mind to. Other days I just feel as if I have no potential and am a waste of time. Physically I’m trying each day, trying to get some exercise here and there to better myself.
No problem

Yes, you are entirely right! Being more 'clear' about what we want in life helps. I used to dream a lot about what I wanted from life and the other day I saw that a classmate has already achieved that dream and it made realise that all I did was dream. I didn't make a PLAN, a real, detailed plan on how I was going to get what I wanted. And someone who wanted it more, they wanted their dream to EXIST, actually sat down and they thought and they planned and they made it happen. Now for both of us, what lesson should we learn from that? DO - DO IT. Be as clear as you can when making a plan and plans require work and effort so you literally have no time to waste.

Yeah, I am afraid. I am sorry if you don't have anyone to push you and to motivate you, but you have to be your own coach, your own mentor in life. Do you see what I mean? I am telling you this from experience (please trust me) once you do something for your own benefit - no matter how much you hate doing it - you will feel so much better afterwards. If you do it the next day and a few more days in the week, and then the next week and a few weeks in a month, it will become a habit. Trust me, just tell yourself to get up and do at least ONE useful thing a day. Start slow, reward yourself and then go from there.

You are trying then! This is good news.

Good luck!
Anonymous #1
No problem

Yes, you are entirely right! Being more 'clear' about what we want in life helps. I used to dream a lot about what I wanted from life and the other day I saw that a classmate has already achieved that dream and it made realise that all I did was dream. I didn't make a PLAN, a real, detailed plan on how I was going to get what I wanted. And someone who wanted it more, they wanted their dream to EXIST, actually sat down and they thought and they planned and they made it happen. Now for both of us, what lesson should we learn from that? DO - DO IT. Be as clear as you can when making a plan and plans require work and effort so you literally have no time to waste.

Yeah, I am afraid. I am sorry if you don't have anyone to push you and to motivate you, but you have to be your own coach, your own mentor in life. Do you see what I mean? I am telling you this from experience (please trust me) once you do something for your own benefit - no matter how much you hate doing it - you will feel so much better afterwards. If you do it the next day and a few more days in the week, and then the next week and a few weeks in a month, it will become a habit. Trust me, just tell yourself to get up and do at least ONE useful thing a day. Start slow, reward yourself and then go from there.

You are trying then! This is good news.

Good luck!
You truly are a blessing, and have brightened my day by far. I have everything you’ve said screenshotted and am going to read over it many times to remind myself.

Thank you for helping me and advising me. I’ll be back to reply to you some day in the future to tell you I’ve made it. As will you telling me that you’ve reached that dream at last.

Thank you for everything, I believe in you.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
You truly are a blessing, and have brightened my day by far. I have everything you’ve said screenshotted and am going to read over it many times to remind myself.

Thank you for helping me and advising me. I’ll be back to reply to you some day in the future to tell you I’ve made it. As will you telling me that you’ve reached that dream at last.

Thank you for everything, I believe in you.
Aww you are honestly so nice! I am so so glad I was able to cheer you up a little, I just couldn't help but make a post because I was in a similar position a few weeks ago so trust me when I say, I get it, I know how it feels haha

Please do! I am doing my A-levels as well so I guess we should check up some time in the summer

I didn't know sweet people existed on TSR. I believe in you too :hugs:
Anonymous #1
Aww you are honestly so nice! I am so so glad I was able to cheer you up a little, I just couldn't help but make a post because I was in a similar position a few weeks ago so trust me when I say, I get it, I know how it feels haha

Please do! I am doing my A-levels as well so I guess we should check up some time in the summer

I didn't know sweet people existed on TSR. I believe in you too :hugs:
I’m glad you’re hopefully in a better position now compare to then.

Definitely, I’ll be back to message you again in July . Good luck with everything!

Me either, you’re a superstar 🥰.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m glad you’re hopefully in a better position now compare to then.

Definitely, I’ll be back to message you again in July . Good luck with everything!

Me either, you’re a superstar 🥰.
Thank you. There are always days when I slip back a little and old bad habits emerge again but, it is about trying and being gentle and kind with yourself in the process and just pushing forward. Also, I watch (never thought it would help me but it actually does) 'study motivational videos' or just 'motivational videos' on YouTube and it helps. It is a bit like someone telling you to get a grip and if you get sick of telling yourself or your 'inner voice' is no longer encouraging you and pushing you forward, then it is always helpful to have someone else direct you. Anyways, I recommend them.

haha I was thinking of deleting my account but now I cannot, can I? Alright, I am marking this thread and putting a reminder in my calendar to check up on you in July. You better remember to come here, please don't make me look like a fool. Haha

Best of luck and if you ever need to talk, just reply to me on this thread and I will try my best to be of assistance.

You are too, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise [enough with the compliments ]

Take care x
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zebin mehrin)
no advice just do whatever u feel to do ...if u want u can WASTE ur life ur wish obviously
Well done on this immensely contributing to OPs thread. 👏👏
Anonymous #1
Thank you. There are always days when I slip back a little and old bad habits emerge again but, it is about trying and being gentle and kind with yourself in the process and just pushing forward. Also, I watch (never thought it would help me but it actually does) 'study motivational videos' or just 'motivational videos' on YouTube and it helps. It is a bit like someone telling you to get a grip and if you get sick of telling yourself or your 'inner voice' is no longer encouraging you and pushing you forward, then it is always helpful to have someone else direct you. Anyways, I recommend them.

haha I was thinking of deleting my account but now I cannot, can I? Alright, I am marking this thread and putting a reminder in my calendar to check up on you in July. You better remember to come here, please don't make me look like a fool. Haha

Best of luck and if you ever need to talk, just reply to me on this thread and I will try my best to be of assistance.

You are too, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise [enough with the compliments ]

Take care x
Sorry for replying so late, I didn’t catch the notif!

That’s so funny I was literally just watching some before reading this. You’re definitely right, it’s nice to hear others perspectives and experiences with their own ways to motivate themselves, so I’ll definitely be watching more.

Nope, no way, you’ve got to keep it now . Yes, please do, I can’t wait to be able to catch up with you once we’ve both tried our best and have a set clear path for ourselves.

I will for sure, thank you, please feel free to do same with me, I’m always here.

Best of luck with everything, talk soon 😊x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Sorry for replying so late, I didn’t catch the notif!

That’s so funny I was literally just watching some before reading this. You’re definitely right, it’s nice to hear others perspectives and experiences with their own ways to motivate themselves, so I’ll definitely be watching more.

Nope, no way, you’ve got to keep it now . Yes, please do, I can’t wait to be able to catch up with you once we’ve both tried our best and have a set clear path for ourselves.

I will for sure, thank you, please feel free to do same with me, I’m always here.

Best of luck with everything, talk soon 😊x
No worries!

I thought I would check on you since it's a new month. Don't feel the need to reply, you can always let me know at the end of the month how it went. I just felt like writing to someone. I haven't really been working hard recently and the other day I remembered how last year I was a horrible student, without even realising. It isn't that I don't enjoy studying, I do. The fact that I do love studying and still procrastinate is what baffles me. I know I am lacking discipline and that I need to be strict with myself. Anyways, I don't know how you are doing but if you are struggling, know that I am too. lol
It's funny because I am a really strong personality and I make all these passionate promises and then when it comes to working, putting in the actual work, I let the fear of failure stop me. I get so overwhelmed by it all. I also get easily distracted. So I am going to try my hardest until 1st of December to work regularly and work hard, I will let you know how it goes. I think my strategy will be to block everything else out and everyone but me and my work.
It is a little hard and it stings to admit it to yourself but I think I am going to stop looking for causes and just be raw and honest with myself: I am lazy. If I view my procrastination in this way perhaps I will take the issue a lot more seriously and actually do something about it. Haha

Hope it's going good with you! x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
No worries!

I thought I would check on you since it's a new month. Don't feel the need to reply, you can always let me know at the end of the month how it went. I just felt like writing to someone. I haven't really been working hard recently and the other day I remembered how last year I was a horrible student, without even realising. It isn't that I don't enjoy studying, I do. The fact that I do love studying and still procrastinate is what baffles me. I know I am lacking discipline and that I need to be strict with myself. Anyways, I don't know how you are doing but if you are struggling, know that I am too. lol
It's funny because I am a really strong personality and I make all these passionate promises and then when it comes to working, putting in the actual work, I let the fear of failure stop me. I get so overwhelmed by it all. I also get easily distracted. So I am going to try my hardest until 1st of December to work regularly and work hard, I will let you know how it goes. I think my strategy will be to block everything else out and everyone but me and my work.
It is a little hard and it stings to admit it to yourself but I think I am going to stop looking for causes and just be raw and honest with myself: I am lazy. If I view my procrastination in this way perhaps I will take the issue a lot more seriously and actually do something about it. Haha

Hope it's going good with you! x
Hi there, it’s so good to hear from you! Of course I want to reply, the sooner the better . You can write to me whenever you would like, I’ll always be here as much as I can.

The fact you’re where you now thinking about how you was before and how bad it was shows you’ve made amazing progress. The fact that you found yourself horrible, shows maturity and growth and that’s amazing!

It’s good that you know deep down you enjoy studying, it means the drive is somewhere there you just have to keep trying to get it back out and ready to be used. When one day is tough and the next day is, then the next week and so on, it’s only normal to just stay in a rut as bad as it is.

I have to admit I am feeling a bit more motivated to do better but I haven’t done anything to get there yet which is bad. I haven’t started revising and I just hope that when I finally push myself it won’t be too late. So I am with you. Just like you when I come to put the work in I feel as if it won’t make a difference and just quit altogether.

Let’s do this together and try, my aim however is by January the first. I’m proud of the fact that you’re wanting to improve yourself before new year, right here and now instead of waiting till another time. I think we need to just get things done and that’s it. No thinking about it, just going for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (61)
32.45%
Spring (35)
18.62%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.47%
Winter (36)
19.15%
I love them all equally (10)
5.32%