The Student Room Group

Primark: New Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StationaryChild
Was that before or after an interview? If you don't mind me asking how long did you wait from applying to getting interview/that email? I just applied and I'm nervous.

that was after the interview, i applied then two days later i got the interview then 2 weeks after that they said about the reserve list:smile: don’t be nervous! they have pretty much all the interview questions on glassdoor which is how i prepared for mine
Original post by xkatierebecca
that was after the interview, i applied then two days later i got the interview then 2 weeks after that they said about the reserve list:smile: don’t be nervous! they have pretty much all the interview questions on glassdoor which is how i prepared for mine

I applied on Monday haven't heard anything yet. Only 17 might not want me. I wonder if they send rejection emails.
Original post by StationaryChild
I applied on Monday haven't heard anything yet. Only 17 might not want me. I wonder if they send rejection emails.

i’ve just turned 17 so age definitely doesn’t matter! you have to pass the online test before they invite you for the interview but i’ve also heard it takes them quite a while to get back to people sometimes
Original post by xkatierebecca
i’ve just turned 17 so age definitely doesn’t matter! you have to pass the online test before they invite you for the interview but i’ve also heard it takes them quite a while to get back to people sometimes

okay yay because online most people were saying same day and next day and I was getting worried lol. them again that was 2 years ago they've changed a lot since so it might be longer. I did the assessment right after I applied (situational one)
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
What skills are shown in the scenario:

SCENARIO 1: Flexibility + Reliability
SCENARIO 2: Payments + customer service
SCENARIO 3: Teamwork
SCENARIO 4: Tills to reduce the time taken to reduce the queues
SCENARIO 5: Customer service
SCENARIO 6: Payments + Queues + Customer Satisfaction
SCENARIO 7: Out of stock product what to do next
SCENARIO 8: Teamwork + completing the task

Doing assessment at the moment. Are you available to help ASAP please :smile:
It’s been 4 weeks and I haven’t had a reply .My application has been under review but I haven’t received a rejection email.Do I call or?
I need some help too
Original post by Emerald2903
It’s been 4 weeks and I haven’t had a reply .My application has been under review but I haven’t received a rejection email.Do I call or?

I would advise calling, sometimes they take a very long time to reply, it just depends on each individual store tbh. No harm in calling and chasing up. Hope it goes well :smile:
Hi, I hope you're well. I've applied for a job at Primark and I'm just wondering if you get an email once you've done the online assessment saying whether you passed or failed it.
Hey does anyone know who I'm supposed to email or call to hand in my one weeks resignation notice?
Original post by Dodocrimes
Hey does anyone know who I'm supposed to email or call to hand in my one weeks resignation notice?

Does your store have a P&C team? If they do you can email it to them, if not then send it to your store manager.
Hi, going to ask when at work next but how does it work for students? Worked at Primark over a year but hope to move away to uni and work at the stores local to uni during term time and back home during hols. Do they let you do this? Also do they offer zero hour contracts? I'm on 8h now but I won't want to work every single weekend day as I currently do. Experiences appreciated
Original post by hulkgti
Hi, going to ask when at work next but how does it work for students? Worked at Primark over a year but hope to move away to uni and work at the stores local to uni during term time and back home during hols. Do they let you do this? Also do they offer zero hour contracts? I'm on 8h now but I won't want to work every single weekend day as I currently do. Experiences appreciated

hey! yes, a guy at my work is transferring to the primark in the city of the uni he's going to after a levels, and i don't believe primark does zero hour contracts! i believe the minimum is 4 or 6 hours a week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending