The Student Room Group

Re-applying

A bit of a complicated hypothetical question, but,
if i re-apply to uni during a gap year and choose to apply to some of the same unis (even if they gave me an offer the first time) will they be more likely to reject me? I am just hoping to go to some more open days during my gap year as I feel like I haven't seen enough this year but I expect I will still want to apply to at least a few of my originals, but don't want to risk being rejected. Any help/advice/experiences will be greatly appreciated :smile:
I withdrew from the process last year and am applying again this year. Got an offer from York last time, and got one this time as well. Equally, got an interview invite from Imperial last year (I withdrew before the interview), and I have an interview in a week and a half. Unis understand that circumstances change
Original post by catherinem2002
A bit of a complicated hypothetical question, but,
if i re-apply to uni during a gap year and choose to apply to some of the same unis (even if they gave me an offer the first time) will they be more likely to reject me? I am just hoping to go to some more open days during my gap year as I feel like I haven't seen enough this year but I expect I will still want to apply to at least a few of my originals, but don't want to risk being rejected. Any help/advice/experiences will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Universities don’t hold a grudge about that sort of thing, if they gave you an offer before they are likely to give you an offer again
Original post by SkyRunner61
I withdrew from the process last year and am applying again this year. Got an offer from York last time, and got one this time as well. Equally, got an interview invite from Imperial last year (I withdrew before the interview), and I have an interview in a week and a half. Unis understand that circumstances change

This very helpful and exactly what I was hoping to hear, thank you! (also, I am from York!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending