A-Level.student
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am thinking to apply to a Pharmacy degree at the university of Nottingham. I’m not sure if this degree will aid me to a job in industry such as GSK or AstraZeneca in which I am very interested in. However after reading articles on the student room a lot of people have said that it is almost impossible to get into industry after a pharmacy degree and the majority will most likely be working in community. Nether the less I find the course content very interesting and think I will enjoy it but I’m hesitant to apply if I won’t be able to work in industry afterwards. Is Pharmacy a good way to end up in the pharmaceutical industry? If not, what is a better university course? What advice would you give me to increase my chances of working in a pharmaceutical company? I don’t want to completely give up on pharmacy as I’ve already written my personal statement and I am very interested in it.
kitkatcrunchy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pharmacy is more clinical than lab-based which is why very few MPharm graduates end up in industry. I would have a look at pharmacology/pharmaceutical science/medicinal chemistry instead?

Good luck either way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads