The Student Room Group

Anki for GCSE

I'm considering using Anki for my GCSEs considering how praised it is at high levels. Does anyone else recommend it? If you've used it and done your GCSEs did it work for you?Also, if you have used it effectively, how do you summarise a chunk of information into an anki flash card without losing any of it's effect? Especially 6 mark questions in sciences require you to hit specific points in the textbook and losing that information seems like a downside of having to summarise.
hiya i’m also doing my gcses and i started using quizlet recently. it rlly help esp w languages for vocab and the sciences for equations. u can write as much as u like in one flash card so i guess that will remove the problem of missing out information. i haven’t used anki so i’m not rlly answering ur question but i hope this helps!!
100% recommend it. 2 friends started using it thanks to me, and we've all upped our grades. Hoping to get mostly 8s and 9s this June if my mocks are somewhat accurate. You can always use one of the add ons to input flashcards from quizlet. And I could give u my decks if u want if we r doing the same subjects and exam boards. Defenetly start early on tho, to take advantage of the spaced reception (around beginning of y11 I'd say is good enough)
Original post by procrastinator56
100% recommend it. 2 friends started using it thanks to me, and we've all upped our grades. Hoping to get mostly 8s and 9s this June if my mocks are somewhat accurate. You can always use one of the add ons to input flashcards from quizlet. And I could give u my decks if u want if we r doing the same subjects and exam boards. Defenetly start early on tho, to take advantage of the spaced reception (around beginning of y11 I'd say is good enough)

Did you finish all of the triple science notes by year 11? I just started making anki notes and I am quite recent to this thing even though my GSCE's are in 4 months. I can still get a solid 9 on all the sciences already just from passive learning without spaced repitition but I just wanted to be secure.
Is it possible to finsih all of the anki notes for subjects in 4 months while being able to fully utilitse the spaced repetition feature?
Thanks for the reply in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest