Soapy Physicist
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any tips or advice on how I can go from a grade 5/6 to a grade 9 in around a month or so ready for my mock exams?

Thank you

5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
- Focus on topics you are weak at
- Practise exam questions
- Pray
agentundercover
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A lot of hard work haha (probably not the answer you want to hear for a quick fix).

Timed practice papers and working through textbook questions, particularly the topics that you struggle the most with, until it becomes second nature is the best way forward.

You can find past papers online if you search for them on your exam board's website and there are plenty of study books you can buy to help you revise.

Put in a little work every day, even if it's just 15-20 minutes of maths work on top of your homework.

Good luck with your mocks!
Nithumigah
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should get the grade 9 targeted CGP book on amazon or eBay and it has loads of Grade7-9 practice questions
aliferra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went from a 5/6 at the beginning of year 11 to coming out with an 8 at the end of the year (granted I had to get a remark to go from a 7 to an 8). I bought myself a whiteboard, stuck it on my wall in my room, and used various maths websites (like onmaths.com) to help me.
Death Machine
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Soapy Physicist)
Any tips or advice on how I can go from a grade 5/6 to a grade 9 in around a month or so ready for my mock exams?

Thank you
you're asking for a quite a lot do you have any maths cgp text books which can help you answer the exams.
Soapy Physicist
Rep:
?
Yes I have grade 8-9 targeted CGP Books, and the regular maths books.
Soapy Physicist
Rep:
?
If I do these papers regularly and don’t have a clue on what to do, how can I actually LEARN the content? Any channels or anything etc
Kiranmayi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thank you
Start doing all the past papers. Don't forget to check the answer schemes. You learn a lot from your mistakes.
Nithumigah
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths Genie , Hegarty Maths and Corbett Maths have videos on each topic to help you understand
zacn01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thank you
get DrFrost Maths and do all the exercises, listen to videos, they're amazing, I'm currently at a high 8 and trying to consolidate all my topics so that when it comes to my Jan mocks I get that 9 i want
roverover12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I did my GCSE mocks I got a grade 3 in English Literature so, I was thought I was screwed for the actual GCSE however, I watched loads of videos and made notes from them and this helped me a lot. I managed to get a grade 9 in my actual GCSE English Literature so, my tip is not to give up but to use any resources you can find.
Last edited by roverover12; 1 year ago
Soapy Physicist
Rep:
?
Thank you guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.79%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (135)
28.72%

Watched Threads