Iphone 3G PAYG - £300 sound about right? Watch

pitchy08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've heard it's going to be £300 PAYG no hidden charges. Is this right and should I get it (didn't buy the original Iphone)?
pitchy08
Rep:
?
bump
misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought it was meant to be cheaper?

Where did you hear that?
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It'll probably be slightly less than £269 (the price of the old iPhone and the rumoured unsubsidised price of the 3G one), because even though PAYG phones aren't free or ridiculously cheap like contract phones, they'll still be subsidised. In fact, since the new iPhone will likely be very hard to unlock (unlike the first generation one...), much moreso than normal phones, don't be surprised if the cost is as low as £200 or less.
pitchy08
Rep:
?
Ooh hope you're right James!! £200 would be so so much easier to justify lol What are your odds on it being 200 or less?

In my eyes contract is an absolute rip off. Free, yeh sure.
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by misswilliams)
I thought it was meant to be cheaper?

Where did you hear that?
It was leaked on the O2 website a few weeks ago at £299 but they quickly took it down. Another price that was floating around for a while was £269. They could have leaked it deliberately though just to see what peoples reactions to that price were.

About additional charges its meant to have a special iPhone Pay As You Go plan on O2 which is free for the first 6 months and then costs £10 a month after that. It meant to give you Unlimited Internet through 3G and The Cloud Wi-Fi Hotspots whether this is going to be compulsory or not I don't know but you will probably want it anyway if it gives unlimited Internet.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pitchy08)
Ooh hope you're right James!! £200 would be so so much easier to justify lol What are your odds on it being 200 or less?

In my eyes contract is an absolute rip off. Free, yeh sure.
Yeah, I'd never own a contract phone, ever, but if the new iPhone is fairly priced I might get it. Saying that, I'm fairly happy with my iPod Touch and my normal phone, so I probably won't bother.
two4one
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont think the contract is worth it. People should wait for the PAYG iPhone being released near christmas
Rob801
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.itproportal.com/articles/...prices-online/

£300: 8GB, £360: 16GB
2late
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Such a rip off
pitchy08
Rep:
?
Can you activate on itunes in-store cos soon I won't have a home PC and so will just be using work computer to update it from time to time?

many thanks
Ghost
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Those prices are a rip off..

(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Yeah, I'd never own a contract phone, ever, but if the new iPhone is fairly priced I might get it.
Just out of interest, why would you never get a contract?
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
Just out of interest, why would you never get a contract?
Because I don't trust telecoms companies, and I'd like to always have the possibility to just change networks/SIM cards whenever I want, without having to adhere to a restrictive contract and a minimum term.
pitchy08
Rep:
?
Why dont you trust companies? **snigger**
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because I'm secretly a capitalism-hating Communist :ninja:
snu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The N95 Black (8GB) is £449.95 with £10 top-up from Carphone Warehouse... The iPhone seems like a veritable bargain in comparison.
pianofingers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was leaked on the O2 website that the prices would be £299 and £369 respectively.

At the CPW we know that if an uninsured iPhone was to be replaced, we can replace the phone at the full sim-free cost of £369 and £469 respectively.

It's very pricey but don't forget the other higher-tier phones which follow a similar pricing model, like snu's suggestion -- the Nokia N95 Black 8GB!
ProgressDesired
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I was buying one (16GB model) in the apple store the card machine said

Handest Price: £350.00 (Discounted)
Total: £59

I don't know if it means anything. £350 is approximate BTW. It actually said £350.02 or something like that but I don't remember it exactly.

Michael
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads