How competitive is Actuarial Science Watch

username202340
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What grades did you get to get accepted to do Actuarial Science at City.

For GCSE I got 3A* 2A 3B 1F. For AS I think I will get AAAB for Maths and Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology respectively. For A Level I should get AAA in Maths and Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I will also take economics next year as a new AS, maybe get an A in that. I will also do some work experience. What other things can I do to increase my chances?

What are my chances of getting in?
La Haine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as your PS doesn't insult the admission tutors mother, you should be fine.
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No one cares about extra AS, seriously your just wasting your time with that mate.
La Haine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nah tbf if he has an AS in economics behind him, he'll find the economics module in year one a lot easier :yy:
username202340
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by La Haine - Saïd)
Nah tbf if he has an AS in economics behind him, he'll find the economics module in year one a lot easier :yy:
Ye thats the reason why i'm taking Economics as I have no financial knowledge at all.
La Haine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And before some overtly keen freshie reads this and starts crying about not having any economics knowledge, it's not essential, it just gives you more time to piss about without having to waft through the most horrifically written textbook I've ever come across.
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by singh246)
Ye thats the reason why i'm taking Economics as I have no financial knowledge at all.
Yeah neither do I, I doubt it'll be uber hard to pick it up though... as LH said ^^^
fblade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Unless you did the Economics module I did.

Btw, the Economics module for the Actuarial guys, is quite similar to A-Level Economics.
La Haine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It basically is A-level Econ, I think. Nonetheless, they'll try and dress it up as something else in the first week to stop people from slacking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads