On the form?

You write down the full A2s - So in your case it would be
AS - Grade
AS - Grade

English Lit. - Grade
What ever your other full A2 was - Grade

*I think*
Tyler Durden
I will have done 6 AS levels and 2 A2 levels by the time i apply in September. Should i write down both AS and A2 results separately, as i will have, for example, an AS in English lit, and also an A2 - do i write both in separately as AS and A2, or only A2?

How come there are only 7 results in your signature?

No, you need to just enter the higher level at which you've studied the subject - enter it as an A2 if you've carried it on, or leave it as an AS if you only did it to AS.

Congrats on having 8 subjects :smile: Have you done them over alonger period of time? Or are there 3+ languages? Or do you take CT and GS?
Reply 4

If you have completed the full A Level by the time you apply, you only enter that and not the AS.

If you have not completed the full A Level but have completed the AS you need to enter A Level as grade "pending" and AS with whatever grade you obtained.

If you have not completed the full A Level but have also not completed the AS you only enter the A Level with grade "pending".

You're probably the middle one. The last is unlikely, unless you're doing an A Level in a year or for some reason did not take all 3 AS units this year.

:juno:
Reply 5
If one was to take two A2 exams in the AS year, and take more the following year as usual, how does one put this on the UCAS form. I mean do i put the A2's up as pending? Clearly they have to know which A2 levels one is taking next year surely, so how does one put them up?

Thank you!
Reply 6
Well you don't have to put them on twice.

Which means you don't have to make 2 threads asking the same thing

Reply 7
You include the grade for the A-levels (and, if applicable AS') that you've completed but, when it comes to the A-levels you'll be completing in your "proper" A2 year you leave those as pending.

Or am I missing something?
I don't understand English qualifications and the years their taken in and the intricacies of the system...

But list the grades you've got for the subjects you've sat and got your marks from, and when you're actually formally sitting another course, even if you've not finished it, include it and mark it as 'result pending'.
Reply 9
River85
You include the grade for the A-levels (and, if applicable AS') that you've completed but, when it comes to the A-levels you'll be completing in your "proper" A2 year you leave those as pending.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks, that's the answer i was looking for. Presumably that's why one puts down their predictions on the personal statement as you can't on the UCAS form itself.
If one is talking about UCAS, then one leaves the last years results as pending. :p:
Which unis are you applying to? and what are you stuyding? :biggrin: I am nosy

EDIT - Just realised River85, as usual, flew in and answered :sad:
Tyler Durden
Thanks, that's the answer i was looking for. Presumably that's why one puts down their predictions on the personal statement as you can't on the UCAS form itself.

The school sends them along, you don't need to put them on your PS!
Sorry, one other question. It seems the dates do not go to 2009, which is obviously where i will put pending (August, 2009), when i get my certificates or slips. Do the year selections update come September before i apply, or earlier, as clearly i won't put pending 2008 as I'm doing my A2 exams in 2009! Also you know when i leave school next June/July and get my results in August what happens to my certificates, do they get sent by my school to home as obviously i will have completely left next summer?

Thanks!
Usually one has to collect ones certificates from school after they are issued, its very rare for them to get sent home.

You should actually have a pending 2009 option, perhaps you have filled in other parts of the form incorrectly as this would definately affect it.
I am not sure about the dates, that is bizzare, but it should be '09. Maybe you are too early in doing the application :s-smilie:

They get sent to UCAS a week or so before you get them and they you have to go to the institution to pick them up, unless you have a different arrangement with them.
Reply 15
You've put your school dates in wrong. You can't put qualifications with dates when you're not at school.