The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Teebs
But distance is no bar to true love.

:love:
Reply 501
i don't like subway toasting either! the corners get crusty and poke my mouth. grrr.
Reply 502
Mcjazz
Nerdy credentials.. check my profile. And I may disclose more if someone else mentions stuff :wink: Cheese, that's a toughie. I'm quite partial to cheddar actually, had some good mild cheddar once. Emmental on occasion.. David Tennant is a hell yes! Oh please don't let him go on Saturday, first Rose and now this :frown:
Edit: Oh, as to the cooked/uncooked thing. It really depends on what mood I'm in. I was always against subway toasting but I find myself quite partial to it on occasion now :biggrin:

We have now covered the past conversations. According to your profile you're a maths nerd :smile:
Mcjazz
Nerdy credentials.. check my profile. And I may disclose more if someone else mentions stuff :wink: Cheese, that's a toughie. I'm quite partial to cheddar actually, had some good mild cheddar once. Emmental on occasion.. David Tennant is a hell yes! Oh please don't let him go on Saturday, first Rose and now this :frown:
Edit: Oh, as to the cooked/uncooked thing. It really depends on what mood I'm in. I was always against subway toasting but I find myself quite partial to it on occasion now :biggrin:

respect to the further maths posse!!!
Reply 504
chad_ch
i don't like subway toasting either! the corners get crusty and poke my mouth. grrr.

Lol @ poke your mouth. Yeah I don't like it being toasted so much that it gets crispy, just so that the (extra) cheese melts nicely.
This does make me wonder though - what's the best kind of subway bread?
Mine favourite is without a doubt hearty italian.
Reply 505
east
chad_ch

mate, subway toasting is lush!!!
Reply 507
bballer4life

Haha yeah big it up.
Reply 508
Mcjazz
Lol @ poke your mouth. Yeah I don't like it being toasted so much that it gets crispy, just so that the (extra) cheese melts nicely.
This does make me wonder though - what's the best kind of subway bread?
Mine favourite is without a doubt hearty italian.

italian herbs and cheese. or the wheat one. has anyone tried to make a sub at home?
Mcjazz
Haha yeah big it up.

you goin uni this year?
Reply 510
Teebs
We have now covered the past conversations. According to your profile you're a maths nerd :smile:

I was, but I just don't know anymore. I'm at a time in my life where I'm like, **** that **** I don't wanna be stuck doing maths.
Reply 511
Originally Posted by Mcjazz
Nerdy credentials.. check my profile. And I may disclose more if someone else mentions stuff Cheese, that's a toughie. I'm quite partial to cheddar actually, had some good mild cheddar once. Emmental on occasion.. David Tennant is a hell yes! Oh please don't let him go on Saturday, first Rose and now this
Edit: Oh, as to the cooked/uncooked thing. It really depends on what mood I'm in. I was always against subway toasting but I find myself quite partial to it on occasion now

Step papers... very scary. Normal further maths is plenty.
Reply 512
bballer4life
you goin uni this year?

Nah, gap year. Working at a place called QinetiQ for the year.
Reply 513
Teebs
Step papers... very scary. Normal further maths is plenty.

Doesn't mean I passed any of them :p:
Reply 514
gap years are great! anyone else on one/intending to?
Reply 515
Mcjazz
I was, but I just don't know anymore. I'm at a time in my life where I'm like, **** that **** I don't wanna be stuck doing maths.

From the fact that you're doing Step papers I assume you have a Cambridge offer, can't you transfer subjects really easily after a year if you don't like it? Anyway, you don't have to be obsessed with your subject to do it do you?
Reply 516
By the way, for those of you wondering where Norwich is, it's in the bulge above London and is the largest city in the UK (by a fair margin) not to have a dual carriageway connection to London. In other words, isolated. Bah.
Reply 517
Teebs
From the fact that you're doing Step papers I assume you have a Cambridge offer, can't you transfer subjects really easily after a year if you don't like it? Anyway, you don't have to be obsessed with your subject to do it do you?

I haven't applied. I think liking your subject a lot helps, and a degree goes a long way in deciding your career choice. What are you studying?
This thread's picking up again? I can't be arsed anymore tbh. >.>
Reply 519
Mcjazz
I haven't applied. I think liking your subject a lot helps, and a degree goes a long way in deciding your career choice. What are you studying?

PPE at Oxford. It's true, liking your subject is very important, but for careers, outside sciences your degree really doesn't matter that much.

Latest