Strange Dream. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Wow, last night I had an amazing dream. But it's made me feel a bit sad now.

Basically, I met an amazing guy. He looked a lot like Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You (i did watch that a few days ago) but he wasn't called Heath. I was on a sort of school trip thing, as a lot of people from my 6th form were there, and it was just, really vivid and seemed to go on for ages.

Me and this guy (who's name I didn't know, cos he wouldn't tell me until right at the end...he was called River) were sort of sat together, he had his arm around my waist and people were sort of making comments about how we seemed like we were going out, and we gave each other sort of flirty looks. I have never had such a vivid dream about me and some random guy. It was amazing. It wasn't sexual in any way, I don't think we even kissed, but I had that lovely butterflies feeling you get when you're with someone you really fancy and you know that something's going on but it's not like..official.

Anyway, it's made me feel really sad because I haven't had that sort of situation for about a year now. I have literally had no romantic interest in my life..I have had guys ask me out, I even had one guy obsessed with me (it was scary) but nothing has happened and I just haven't fancied anyone really or had it reciprocated. I always assumed that 6th form would be a time when I may actually have a proper adult relationship (I'd had mainly flings beforehand)..but no such luck. I just really want that feeling again. Sort of nervous but at the same time excited, the flirting, the late night texting..that sort of thing. It feels weird because ever since I was about 13 I've had SOMETHING going on with a guy, there's always been someone I fancy or someone that I'm sort of going out with. Now there's just nothing.

I'm fed up of it. I don't feel lonely particularly, I like being single, but it's just there is NO ONE. It's such an odd feeling. I'm going to uni in october so I'm hoping things may improve there. *sigh*

Keep anon as people I know use this and I sound a bit pathetic.
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As you said you shall soon be off to uni, meeting new people etc. Lots of guys there and perhaps a potential crush or even boyfriend :p: I say just try and enjoy your summer, you don't need a guy to do that. Spend time with friends etc and enjoy yourself! If you meet a guy and have a brief summer thing then that'd be cool but don't be disheartened if you don't. Just look forward to uni and the joy of meeting new people
nuttygirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe you fancy river85? :p:

Enjoy life dude
angel_sista
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Basically, I met an amazing guy. He looked a lot like Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You (i did watch that a few days ago) but he wasn't called Heath. I was on a sort of school trip thing, as a lot of people from my 6th form were there, and it was just, really vivid and seemed to go on for ages.

Me and this guy (who's name I didn't know, cos he wouldn't tell me until right at the end...he was called River) were sort of sat together, he had his arm around my waist and people were sort of making comments about how we seemed like we were going out, and we gave each other sort of flirty looks. I have never had such a vivid dream about me and some random guy. It was amazing. It wasn't sexual in any way, I don't think we even kissed, but I had that lovely butterflies feeling you get when you're with someone you really fancy and you know that something's going on but it's not like..official.

Anyway, it's made me feel really sad because I haven't had that sort of situation for about a year now. I have literally had no romantic interest in my life..I have had guys ask me out, I even had one guy obsessed with me (it was scary) but nothing has happened and I just haven't fancied anyone really or had it reciprocated. I always assumed that 6th form would be a time when I may actually have a proper adult relationship (I'd had mainly flings beforehand)..but no such luck. I just really want that feeling again. Sort of nervous but at the same time excited, the flirting, the late night texting..that sort of thing. It feels weird because ever since I was about 13 I've had SOMETHING going on with a guy, there's always been someone I fancy or someone that I'm sort of going out with. Now there's just nothing.

I'm fed up of it. I don't feel lonely particularly, I like being single, but it's just there is NO ONE. It's such an odd feeling. I'm going to uni in october so I'm hoping things may improve there. *sigh*

*high fives anon* Whoo to extremely odd dreams! That's what being a singleton does to you
skinnyblackjeans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

It was a dream....basically showing you what u want - love/affection/relationship. It's what all dreams do play out your subconscious.
Electric_Dreams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nuttygirl)
Maybe you fancy river85? :p:
Damn you! I was going to say that! :p:

OP, I'm sure uni will give you the chance to find someone, perhaps you just need to take action as soon as you like someone again.
mollymustard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, it sounds like even your subconcious is aware of how much you miss the affection.
There isnt much you can do though, other than be paitient.
The time will come when you meet someone who you just click with.

A watch kettle never boils though, so try not to worry about it too much and just see what ends up coming along.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise