The Student Room Group

Is there still hope?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and for most of it we have been arguing about the same thing. He wasn’t sure if he loved me and in turn I would get upset wondering what I was doing wrong and impatient thinking that he would never love me back and kept wondering if he was worth waiting for.

He recently has told me that he knows for sure that he loves me, which is great! However I do feel terrible for how I have treated him in response to the situation. I have been horrible, blamed him for making me feel so depressed all the time for not knowing how he felt. I would make a big deal out of the tiniest issues, and left him always worried that I might suddenly have a go at him. It just wasn’t great not knowing how he felt about me and getting disappointed everyday when the day would pass and he still wouldn’t know.

I want to change and become a better person for him, I love him and I want him to be happy and I feel so terrible for how I’ve been.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can handle my temper better? I’m hoping it will be much better anyways now that I know how he feels about me. And is there still hope for us after everything we’ve been through? I was thinking that we can put all this behind us and use it to make our relationship stronger.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and for most of it we have been arguing about the same thing. He wasn’t sure if he loved me and in turn I would get upset wondering what I was doing wrong and impatient thinking that he would never love me back and kept wondering if he was worth waiting for.

He recently has told me that he knows for sure that he loves me, which is great! However I do feel terrible for how I have treated him in response to the situation. I have been horrible, blamed him for making me feel so depressed all the time for not knowing how he felt. I would make a big deal out of the tiniest issues, and left him always worried that I might suddenly have a go at him. It just wasn’t great not knowing how he felt about me and getting disappointed everyday when the day would pass and he still wouldn’t know.

I want to change and become a better person for him, I love him and I want him to be happy and I feel so terrible for how I’ve been.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can handle my temper better? I’m hoping it will be much better anyways now that I know how he feels about me. And is there still hope for us after everything we’ve been through? I was thinking that we can put all this behind us and use it to make our relationship stronger.

You seem to be worried that he will is upset with you by how you acted.

As he said he loves you I don't think that's the case. If he really loves you he will be able to handle you no matter what you do and he will still love you after it has all finished.
If you are still concerned that he is upset or angry simply tell him how you feel. There is no need to apologize.

Tell him that you love and support him and ask if he can "put up with you" that you will be the best think in his life
You can have a time where you just vent to each other. Apologize for losing your temper. When you start losing your temper, tell him you are getting mad or upset and take 8 deep breaths. Don't ask me, "Why 8?". I read a book and that quote stuck to me like a mouse on a mouse-trap. And if he gets too frustrating or makes you mad (if you are holding things set them down) and just hug him, hold the hug for a bit or until you aren't very mad. Do not put everything behind you. It will not help. If you do that and something comes up about it it will probably just make things worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending