?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
is A-level economics hard?
10oba-abbad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Year 1 was alright. Didn’t revise much for the exam and nearly managed to get an A*. This year has been harder. Business economics particularly is quite cumbersome. On the whole it’s been alright though. As long as you stay on top of your work in year 12 you’ll be fine; I cannot speak for year 13 yet as I am yet to complete it ! 🤞🏽
kikomi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by 10oba-abbad)
Year 1 was alright. Didn’t revise much for the exam and nearly managed to get an A*. This year has been harder. Business economics particularly is quite cumbersome. On the whole it’s been alright though. As long as you stay on top of your work in year 12 you’ll be fine; I cannot speak for year 13 yet as I am yet to complete it ! 🤞🏽
thanks, do you think A level economics, A level business and AS level maths will be suitable?
10oba-abbad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kikomi)
thanks, do you think A level economics, A level business and AS level maths will be suitable?
What are you thinking of doing at university?
AnxiousGuy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
is A-level economics hard?
i personally found it hard
kikomi
Rep:
?
What are you thinking of doing at university?
i'm still not sure what i really want to be in the future but im interested to be economist or accounting
kikomi
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnxiousGuy)
i personally found it hard
10oba-abbad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i'm still not sure what i really want to be in the future but im interested to be economist or accounting
Then yeah that’s a solid combo.
kikomi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Then yeah that’s a solid combo.
yeah
aliferra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just as something to consider, some universities consider A-Level business and economics to be too similar.

Example, LSE:
"Many of the undergraduate programmes at LSE are multi-disciplinary and for this reason we consider a broad mix of traditional subjects to be the best preparation for study. A broad academic background will provide the skills to perform well in any of the challenging programmes at LSE. Students offering a narrow range of subjects may be at a disadvantage compared to those offering a broader combination. Examples of narrow subject combinations might be Economics, Business Studies and one other or English Language, English Literature and one other. See also, the programme pages and the Mathematics and and Further Mathematics section below."
Attached files
kikomi
Rep:
?
(Original post by aliferra)
Just as something to consider, some universities consider A-Level business and economics to be too similar.

Example, LSE:
"Many of the undergraduate programmes at LSE are multi-disciplinary and for this reason we consider a broad mix of traditional subjects to be the best preparation for study. A broad academic background will provide the skills to perform well in any of the challenging programmes at LSE. Students offering a narrow range of subjects may be at a disadvantage compared to those offering a broader combination. Examples of narrow subject combinations might be Economics, Business Studies and one other or English Language, English Literature and one other. See also, the programme pages and the Mathematics and and Further Mathematics section below."
Thanks
confuzzledteen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I agree with what @aliferra said. Does your sixth form offer accounting?
If you're looking to do economics at university, then I highly recommend taking A-Level Further Mathematics, if you think you'll be able to cope with it. Most top universities want people who are keen in mathematics, thus taking FM will make your application a lot more competitive.
kikomi
Rep:
?
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
I agree with what @aliferra said. Does your sixth form offer accounting?
If you're looking to do economics at university, then I highly recommend taking A-Level Further Mathematics, if you think you'll be able to cope with it. Most top universities want people who are keen in mathematics, thus taking FM will make your application a lot more competitive.
i'm hoping that other sixth forms are offering accounting and thanks for the advice
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i'm hoping that other sixth forms are offering accounting and thanks for the advice
Accounting is not seen as an academic A level by some competitive Unis like LSE. You would be better off doing Maths, Economics and either Furher Maths (preferably) or at least one other academic subject. Look at the LSE list of preferred subjects
kikomi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Accounting is not seen as an academic A level by some competitive Unis like LSE. You would be better off doing Maths, Economics and either Furher Maths (preferably) or at least one other academic subject. Look at the LSE list of preferred subjects
thanks for opinion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (113)
64.57%
No (62)
35.43%

Watched Threads