The Student Room Group

My boyfriend and I both like girls... can I still be jealous?

This is kind of driving me crazy
I’m bisexual (generally more attracted to females) and he’s straight and we both love cute girls and talk about celebrities we both like all the time. We both have the same female singer as our phone wallpaper. He knows who my favourite celebrities are and sends me their pictures on Instagram or whatever, and vice versa.
However there are occasions when it makes me feel a bit insecure that he really likes some female celebrities and saves their pictures... but if I ever mention this, he says I do the exact same thing so it shouldn’t be an issue. This is absolutely true and I’m probably a lot worse. I’ve even told him about crushes I’ve had on friends of mine in the past and he isn’t bothered about it at all.

However, I personally don’t feel like it’s the same. As a girl I can compare myself to the girls he likes, while he can’t compare himself to the girls I obsess over because he’s a guy. Is this fair?

Is it normal for me to feel jealous and annoyed when he looks at celebrities when I do the same thing just because I’m a girl?
Reply 1
He says that although it might be easier for me to compare myself to them because I’m a girl, it’s worse for him because he is a guy and he just had to deal with the fact I am more attracted to girls.
To be honest, you do the same thing so you can hardly be annoyed with him when you set the example to begin with.
It’s totally normal to feel jealous, it really is! Your logic is on point. It sounds like in your relationship you’re both very open in terms of you both share a lot. That can be a negative, which is the exact reason why you’re feeling this way BUT you can turn it into a positive! Tell him everything you just told us. Your concerns, your worries, why you feel insecure and how it’s different for him. Make him feel how he would feel if the tables were turned. You got this girl!! Communication is key. Sending you love! May your relationship grow into something more beautiful where you’re happy and don’t feel like you have to compete with any girl! ♥️
He has just as much of a right to be insecure, since there's just as much chance of you leaving him for another girl as there is him leaving you for one. If you want him to chill with this stuff a bit then you need to do the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending