As above
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As above
Nope - fairly low on the rankings - if you are going to spend all that money, you can get better value elsewhere
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As above
Hello there,

I am a third year student at the University of Westminster who studies Politics. I started my first year when I was 18 and moved from Birmingham to London. I was primarily attracted to the university by its’s centrality. As I was studying a social science I was to be based in the Regents Street campus near OxfordCircus Station which I found very exciting. All that London has to offer is onits door step. As I studied Politics I was only 15 minutes away from Westminster and always in close proximity to talks, political events and demonstrations. This can also apply for many courses which are complimented by the ongoing London participatory scene. So many other London based universities are located around the city’s edges or the suburbs which I feel denies students the unique exposure to a 24 hour capital. Coming from Birmingham, I wasn’t overly daunted by the initial move, however, I soon found the mature lifestyle of London to be strikingly different to what I was used to in the West Midlands. This only aids your development in your early adult years. Iloved the underground commute from my brand new student accommodation in Wembley into the centre. The core and option modules which I took presented me with a balanced approach to the course. My module classes were evenly distributed between Regent Street and the Cavendish campus.

Moving between both campuses offers a welcomed change of scenery. Whereby the Regent campus interior maintains a classic and traditional character, the Cavendish campusoffers a state of the art facilities which is firmly planted in the 21st Century and so I had the best of both worlds. I have always found the teachers to be open, approachable and genuinely inspiredby their disciplines. More importantly your personal tutors have a pleasingtendency to check up on students and provide one on one meetings when they might think you’re struggling. There is also a sympathetic system in place toassist with any health or academic issues students might be experiencing. All in all, I would recommend the University of Westminster as place that will helppositively shape you over a three year period.
jemmm01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! When you were studying at westminster moving between regent’s and the cavendish campus, did they put all your classes for one day on one campus? Then all the ones on a different campus on a different day? As opposed to having to run between them in the same day aha
Thanks
Last edited by jemmm01; 3 weeks ago
sam badcock
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm a current Final Year Marketing Communications Student University of Westminster! Ranking for me wasn't a dominant part of my consideration, although it is definitely worth looking at, i wanted to look at all the other aspects that make up the uni experience e.g. Accommodation, Students Union, facilities etc. Westminster also offers really strong opportunities to develop work experience including internships/placements (sometimes overseas), mentoring programmes and continuous help with interviewing, cover letters and CVs. Coming out of university with experience and practical skills can often make you stand out more than graduating from a top ranking uni!

I personally really rate the teaching, for my course it's around 12-16 contact hours per week, and the seminars usually immediately follow the lecture, where we'll go through the lecture content (which is also uploaded online if for whatever reason I can't make it in) and have the opportunity to apply the learning in things like case studies, practice papers, group activities etc. As there's independent study time to work on assignments, I personally love the fact that I can go and work out of any of the central London Campuses (there's 4, and 1 in Harrow as well), just gives me a change of scenery! I prefer working out of our Regents Street Campus just because it's probably the grandest (chandeliers, marble floors etc.), and it's just where I find myself most productive!

Socially, I've had a bit of experience with the Students Union, and there are so many ways to get involved! I chose to go through starting up a society at the Business School, but others choose to get involved through student media e.g. our Radio Station, Podcasts, Student Magazine, Newspaper etc. or through our cheer team/sports teams! Alternatively the SU run events at their student bars; there's one on Harrow campus, and there's also one inside Regents Street campus which doubles up as a Starbucks during the day!

Accommodation wise, I lived in Raffles House (the first years Halls of Residence) and I loved it, you live in flats of 5-6 if I remember correctly, and you fill out a questionnaire when you book to make sure you get to live with with compatible people in terms of like are they early risers, do they like to cook, are they sociable etc. and it's such a great opportunity to meet people outside of your campus, I met some of my closest friends in Halls! The rooms are a good size and came with a double bed (which was a relief as I had a double at home and going from a double back to a single is hard!) and the kitchens are really nicely furnished! after your first year, 2nd years, Final years, MA students and Study abroad students can choose to live in the Uni's other Halls in Marylebone and Shoreditch, but I just decided to get a flat share with some friends!

I hope this helps!
University of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jemmm01)
Hey! When you were studying at westminster moving between regent’s and the cavendish campus, did they put all your classes for one day on one campus? Then all the ones on a different campus on a different day? As opposed to having to run between them in the same day aha
Thanks
Hi there

You will typically be at one campus all day however lectures can be scheduled at another campus. For Regent and Cavendish this is a 10 minute walk between buildings. If your lecture is scheduled at another campus there will be no need to run to class and you will have plenty of time to get there.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Mar '20
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Sun, 3 May '20

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (88)
18.84%
Labour (231)
49.46%
Liberal Democrats (61)
13.06%
Green Party (28)
6%
Brexit Party (6)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.64%
SNP (10)
2.14%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.64%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.28%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)