Knightrises10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! So I needed some tips for A Level Economics. What is the best way to prepare it, as a private candidate? Things like graphs and essays. Can I get some useful information? Since I'm private, the only source I will have is the book, and maybe I'll watch some YouTube videos. I'll give my AS exams in 2020 Summer, as CIE still allows modular.
Although my exam board is CIE, help from anyone else will be appreciated.
mint.skyscrapers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Econplusdal on Youtube is a lifesaver for almost every topic !!! For essays have a look on the exam board website and see if they give examples of model answers or see if you can come across some online. Have a look at the mark schemes and see what your questions are asking from you e.g. use of analysis etc. For graphs just keep going over them, to learn them just keep copying them out. Physics and maths tutor is also a really good website as it has economics topics for most exam papers. good luck !!
arvici37
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AS is really easy. watch econplusdal and just memoreise everything. once u understand the concepts you will be able to explain them in your own words.Now i am year 2 a level cie economics student and im struggling so much with econ its crazy. i dont understand anything. my teacher is really bad and i did not maage to get with microeconomics, now we started macro, so i hope it goes better. can anybody give me advice on year 2 economics cie? especially on essays which are 12, 13 and 25 marks plus section A.also those who already did a level econ, i have almost 4 months till exam now and i know chapter 6 well and now im starting 9 which is macroeconomics and then 10 which is really short. you think it is possible to get an A if i put a lot of hours for 3 months if i know literally nothing for now except chapter 6
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.56%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.08%
I need help with my personal statement (74)
41.81%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.16%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.91%

Watched Threads